April 13, 2009

The Total Money Makeover


49% of Americans could cover LESS than one month's expenses if they lost their income!

If you only read one book the rest of your life READ THIS ONE!!!!!!


Honestly, Clint had to get on my case everyday for about 2 weeks to get me to read this book. I HATE reading for knowledge. I'm all about reading for pleasure. I especially hate anything that has to do with finances. I rather just have Clint explain things to me. But Dave did an amazing job at explaining things very simply in his book. His 7 baby steps are easy to understand.

This book will help you take control of your finances, it will help you get out of debt, and if you are diciplined and follow the 7 Baby Steps, it will also help you build wealth beyond your wildest dreams! No, money isn't going to make you happy, but being 100% debt free and being able to pay cash for anything and everything that your family needs and/or wants, will make you happy because the stress that is always hanging over your shoulders will be gone!
Dave's favorite thing to say is this:
"If you will live, right now, like no one else, then later you can really live like no one else."
If that doesn't make sense, or even if it does, then READ THE BOOK!!!! Dave is a genius! If you don't want to spend money on the book yet, listen to his radio show (you can get free podcasts or find local times and channels here) and you will quickly see why I've become an advocate.
And Clint...stop laughing...just because you had to twist my arm to read and FINISH the book, doesn't mean I didn't agree with and love Dave's ideas.

5 comments:

The Phipps said...

I need to read that book! We do watch him about 3 times or so a week. He give good advise:)

The Phipps said...

He gives good advise. I hate to spell words wrong!

Carissa said...

My sister loves this book. I like to listen to his radio show once in a while but I really need to go read the book and just FOLLOW IT!! So smart. Did you hear that conference talk about provident living last weekend? It made me want this book even more.

mom said...

It was the one by Hales. It was very good. I really enjoyed that talk too. In fact, I was just reading it lastnight after I talked to you on the webcam.

Mindy said...

Dave Ramsey is coming to Fort Rucker on April 24! He is doing a thingy at the building across from the commissary. Too bad we won't be here to listen to him. Thanks for the great information about him the other day.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006