This book is about a young girl, Kate, who was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 2. Her parents went to a genetic specialist to help them conceive a child that would be a perfect donor for their daughter who's prognosis was very poor.At age 13 Anna, the conceived donor, is fed up with donating blood and bone marrow to her sister. When her parents tell her she must donate a kidney to save her sister's life, Anna decides to file a lawsuit to gain medical emancipation from her parents so that she can start making her own medical decisions.
This is a great story with a twisted ending you would never expect! However, I was very disapointed with the author for the language she decided to use in this novel. I've never read anything by her before, so I didn't have any expectations. She's a great writer, but if this book were a movie, it would be rated R only for the language. It definitely could have been left out. I doubt I'll read any of her books again for that reason alone, which is a shame, because like I said, she's a great writer.
I really loved this story though. There were some parts that were difficult to read because I hate to hear about suffering children.
4 comments:
My sister read this book last summer, and Ive been looking for a copy ever since. Unfortunately the PX doesnt have it =( Where did you get it?
I ordered it on amazon.com. You can borrow my copy if you want!
I have read another of hers and I really liked it, except like you said the language. So I'm betting that is the way that she writes. Which is sad! She really keeps you wanting to read...DANG IT!
Jessica :D
I've read this book too (rather listened to it on my I-Pod) and LOVED it. Completely agree about the language (it's a lot worse when you listen to it too). Did you know they're making it into a movie?
Post a Comment