September 11, 2008

Just Babbling-September 12, 2008

Morgan and I had a fun day yesterday. We didn't take our morning walk like we have been and I don't think she was very happy about it because she WOULD NOT take her morning nap. Finally, after about 45 minutes of crying (with no tears), she fell asleep for about half an hour.

After she woke up and ate we took a drive downtown to Grandma Lanny's work to scan and email some paperwork to Clint. Then (this is the most exciting part of our day) we got to watch a bunch of the attorneys and paralegals at the District Attorney's office play Guitar Hero on Play Station!!! It was great! You should have seen Steve and Candice rockin out! Morgan loved it too, she was bouncing up and down to the music.

After prying ourselves away from the game, Morgan and I went down to the Gateway to return a jacket I bought a couple of weeks ago. I found a parking spot, unloaded the stroller, got her buckled into it, loaded the diaper bag and jacket into the stroller and then walked through the crowded outdoor mall in the heat (okay it was only 72 degrees) til we got to our destination store. After giving the jacket and reciept to the cashier lady I realize my wallet is still in the car. She needed my debit card so she could put the money back on it. So we hiked back through the crowd to the parking garage to get my wallet out of the center console. Then, as we're walking back out of the garage, the fire alarm goes off and a voice comes over the speaker for everyone to evacuate the building. Images flash in my mind of watching the whole parking garage go up in flames with my car in it. But I figure there's nothing I can do and keep walking.

The store where I was returning the jacket didn't have any parking vouchers and since I thought parking cost like 10 dollars I decided to eat lunch at the mall so I could get a voucher. I spent 6 dollars on lunch and then the lady tells me they only give vouchers on orders over 20 dollars. So I still have no voucher.

Luckily the parking garage didn't burn down and we made it out alive. And parking ended up being free because I was there for an hour and 5 minutes. The guy didn't think it was necessary to charge me for a full hour. Nice guy. Good thing I bought that lunch.

Then on our way home we nearly got side swiped by a lady that looked like she's about to kick the bucket any day. Seriously, if I hadn't slammed on my brakes she would have nailed the front passanger side of my car! Of course I switched lanes to pass her and laid on my horn while giving her a nasty look. I know, road rage, I get it from my father ;)

So anyway, Morgan and I had an eventful day. And for some reason I just felt like sharing.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

What a day! I miss the gateway, it's so fun. When me and Nate were dating, we would always meet there and go eat at applebees. Oh the good ol' days. :) We need to talk, I have lots to catch you up on!!!

The Patty Cake House said...

So it sounds to me like you deserved to go home put on your jammies curl up on the couch with Morgan, watch a movie, and eat your favorite treat! :o)

The Fisher's said...

Wow, it sounds like an adventure! At least you were out and about. I've been lost in the Gateway parking garage before. Embarassing, but true, they had to drive me around in a little cart to find where I had parked. It didn't help that I was like 7 months pregnant at the time :) Oh, fond memories of Utah!

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows these attorneys and paralegals have never played guitar hero at work before. All the judges were at a conference so there was no court so we had a party. We went to breakfast in the morning, came back, worked for an hour, played guitar hero for two hours, had pot luck lunch, played guitar hero, screened a very serious case with a police officer and played more guitar hero. It was a blast! You should have seen Morgan though. She was bouncing so hard on the table she almost fell over and hit her face. She was so cute and of course the life of the party. Sorry about the rest of your day though Kate.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006