Yesterday was the first day of fall and I happened to stumble onto a blog called Callapidder Days. The author of this blog is hosting a Fall Into Reading Challange and I've decided to participate. I absolutely love reading. I know some people might think its a waste of time, but there is something about books that just draws me to them. I usually only read for pleasure, almost always fiction. And more often then not, I read LDS fiction. So here is my list of books that I would like to read by December 20th (first day of winter and the end of the challange).
1. The Kingdom and the Crown Series by Gerald N. Lund;
X Fishers of Men-Finished September 28, 2008
Come Unto Me
Behold The Man
2. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis;
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle
There are so many others I want to read. But this will have to do for now. I don't want to overwhelm myself with a huge list of books. I know once I get to Korea things will be a little crazy for a while. So this is it. 10 books in 13 weeks. Wish me luck!
6 comments:
I've read the first two books in the Kingdom and the Crown series but never got beyond that.
I've also read the Magician's Nephew but none of the other books from the Narnia series. I was going to read them all this year but I don't think that will happen. Maybe next year.
Good luck and happy reading! :-)
Off topic...I noticed you are or were in AL. My parents moved down there last summer. I also have a friend that was transfered to Korea last year.
Also, I love the Halloween layout! I am changing mine to something seasonal soon. :-)
Sorry to hear about the dentist. That is never fun. I hate taking the kids...
Good luck with reading. It is great that you do. If it is not on a preschool level on on CD/DVD it is not for me, too bad I don't have more time-but then I am not a big reader so I still dont think I would read. If you ever feel like a "self-help parenting book" you should read Love and Logic by Jim Fay.
Cute blog background, by-the-way :)
When are you coming up??
We tried to read the Magician's Nephew and the kids didn't like it much. Tom and I had a hard time with it too. You go girl! If I didn't have the kids to get through school I would take a whack at it too, but alas...I really don't need to stress myself out anymore then I already am. LOL! Let us know how you do!
I love the Chronicles of Narnia and have read them through a few times! The Magician's Nephew is actually one of Aaron's favorite books, and he doesn't really enjoy reading like I do. I agree with you, reading is my passion also! I once saw something that was talking about diagnosing if you were addicted to print (reading). Basically you are an addict if you never stop desiring to read something, anything ... like reading labels on things while in the bathroom, silly, but you can see the truth in it :o) Enjoy your books!
Good choices I am reading the Chronicles of Narnia with my boys we are on the The Horse and His Boy.
The kingdom and Crown Series was amazing I hope you enjoy your books.
Do you have any news on Korea? Spencer has a Sponsor number so know the waiting begins. That is ok I want to wait till after Thanksgiving to go over. We are having a big family reunion. Do you know when you will be traveling?
We read through the Chronicles of Narnia with our oldest son a couple summers ago and all loved it. I'm looking forward to when my youngest is old enough to enjoy them. Thanks for joining the challenge!
Post a Comment