In my minutes of blogging today (minutes that became hours), I stumbled onto a blog called A Daily Scoop. I had heard about this blog quite some time ago from some friends, the Shepards, but hadn't gotten around to visiting it. Tonight I took some time to read several posts. To any of you in need of strengthening, uplifting, inspiration, or a good cry, I say take a look at this blog. Fair warning, give yourself time to sift through some of the posts. Specifically the ones under "June" in her archive. You will be absolutely drawn into what this amazing woman and family has endured in the last 3 months. What strength! And what great lessons can be learned from their willingness to share their experiences.
In the seemingly difficult trials I am currently experiencing with my own little one I tend to forget how truly precious this time of her life is. As I have expressed in recent posts, I struggle to find the good in her tantrums, her sleepless nights, her unwillingness to take naps, teething, and so forth. 'Find the good' is not the right phrase. I struggle to not get so stressed out and frustrated and angry etc etc. What I'm getting at is that from this blog, A Daily Scoop, I have found comfort and have been inspired to put forth more effort in enjoying this time I have with my sweet, precious, Heaven-sent daughter.
What lead me to these thoughts and feelings came from a post entitled Behold Your Little Ones.
"Love your little ones--even the ones that drive you crazy. If you could see them the way God sees them -- you would be astounded at their glory."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing that blog. It was really touching, uplifting and heart breaking all at the same time.
I'm so glad I'm not the only mother who feels overwhelmed sometimes. Thanks for your thoughts - that quote you ended with is perfect for me!
I found her a few weeks ago and have looked differently at my little ones too, what angels they are! I'm glad you're feeling better about all the grumpiness :)It's not an easy time, but you're doing great I'm sure!
I just spent an hour reading a daily scoop, It was so inspiring but heart breaking at the same time. Now more than ever I wish I had a child, Today I've just been laying in bed and being lazy cause I feel worthless without someone to take care of. Sorry, I don't need a pitty party. Your baby girl is so beautiful and I know it is hard, but just know how much I envy you. It's pretty close to coveting actually, I guess I should repent.haha.I know I need to appreciate what I have. Sorry for this weird comment, I feel weird today. Love you!
Post a Comment