I've also been stressed out quite a bit lately because Morgan isn't sleeping through the night. At 12 weeks old she was sleeping 7-10 hours every night, and continuted to do so until we came to Utah (with the exception of a few growth spurts). Now, no matter what I do, she will not sleep through the night and I'm feeling more and more exhausted every day. I keep thinking "what am I going to do with a toddler who doesn't sleep through the night?" I feel like she's growing up so fast and if she doesn't re-learn how to sleep all night now, then she never will! Anyway, I'm really trying to just relax about the whole thing and count our nightime feedings as precious time together that will only be lost as time goes on. But its so hard not to think about how tired I am and to not daydream about the days of a full night's sleep.
So if anyone has any suggestions on how to slow down, relax, and enjoy every moment of my precious child's life, I'd love to hear them. I'm sure there's already so many things I've missed that I don't realize and I don't want to miss anymore. Here's to my favorite baby girl in the whole world. I love her so much, fit throwing and all!
8 comments:
Morgan's sleeping habits are going to change as she is going through different phases in her life. Right now she is teething and she will wake up with pain, and also when they go through little growth spurts they are sometimes hungry in the middle of the night. My girls will sometimes still wake up in the middle of the night. Sometimes I will find one on the floor next to my bed because they woke up with a nightmare. When they are sick they wake up...Anyways, what I'm trying to say is you will be tired forever!!! ha ha..no seriously I haven't slept a solid 8 hours for a long time. But the majority of the nights are good. But expect for the next two years of inconsistency with sleep with morgan because she is changing and growing up fast and around 1 or 2 she will develop her type of sleeping habit.
Jordan also started waking up in the night, its so hard after you get used to sleeping all night again. I always feel tired also. As for slowing time I just try to enjoy each and every new phase Jordan goes through, and I try not to wish he could do things he can't do. I heard the counry song "You're Going to Miss This" when Jordan was only a couple months old and since then I realized I was going to miss everything about when he was little, so I just try to enjoy eveything, good or bad! And take lots of pictures and video, but it seems like you already do that!
I don't know what to say about slowing down time, for me it seems to go faster with each baby we have! That is why I had such a hard time when Ashley turned 3 for example, I fellt like she was just barley born and now there she is turning three?! I also found it harder to keep up good with pictures and video of her compared to how it was with Megan, she got all my attention all day long! Here we are getting ready for baby number 3 and I am worried about how I am going to handle everything, Let alone taking picures and noting down everyting that he accomplishes along with my other two who are also into their exciting stages and accomplishments... I love the first year! It is so much fun! I seriosuly can't wait to do it all over again! I am just thankful that I have the possibility to stay home with my kids, atleast I have the oppertunity to be there for them everyday, even if the time does fly. It would break my heart to not see them grow up!
Morgans cry was adorable, She had such a sweet cry! I can't remember how it sounded exatly but just that it was a cute cry.
And the sleep thing, it goes up and down the first year or two... Megan had a very rough start and did not sleep well until she was like 5 months old! It was a nightmare, Ashley on the other hand slept through the night at just 5 weeks. But still they will have their colds and illnesses and eventually nightmares/worries here and there that will make it hard at nights for everyone. But, for us once they got over it they fell back to their regular schedules. They sleep just fine now, and has both done so for a few years. Teething is hard for babies, and change is hard for them too. Just hang in there and I bet she will be back to her old schedule soon. =) -Mia.
I know what you mean. Read the conference talk by Elder... shoot..mommy brain...Ballard from April. Just don't LET it bother you anymore. Take time when she is asleep to take a nap or do something for you. Enjoy that you don't have your own house to take care of and write in your journal more. Sit and ponder. Pres. Hinckley said that was the thing he wishes he would have done.
I look at Korde and Taylor who are both in school and Korde was such a GOOD baby. I miss going to Alice's house (my mil) because she has a sound of the rare Korde baby crying. Taylor I hate that I remember because it makes me cringe to think about how much he would scream. Although Alexa reminds me of the cute sounds he used to make while he slept. My babies were so close together,it's really hard sometimes to remember who was who that did what,etc. However, I take comfort in the fact that I will remember, through the Holy Ghost the things that will be important in this life, but also, that we will have a perfect recollection of this life...our baby's cries too :) Hang in there!
Ahh, yes this time is fun, but there is also so much to look forward to as they get bigger. My favorite is now Emma and I can have meaingful conversation together. It just melts my heart when she asks me why Jesus was baptized or not to be sad because I am a child of God!
Question...when you upload video onto blogger does it take you FOREVER and a day?
OK about their sleeping and being tired...my baby is about to turn 28 and I am still tired. :-) One day you are going to have been asleep and the Holy Ghost will wake you up and say "Hey you are needed!" and you will know in full wakefulness from peaceful sleep that your child is in trouble. I think (in all my infinite wisdom {that would be sarcasm you see dripping from your computer screen}) that Morgan's biggest problem right now is she is feeling so unsettled. Even this young they know they aren't in thier own homes in thier own beds and you can bet your bottom dollar that she misses her daddy. Love you Katie I know you will survive this, we will remember you in our prayers.
Wow, that really would be nice to slow down time... or to slow down anything for that matter!! I feel the same way about Logan, he is always changing & sometimes I find it hard to remember how things were just a month ago! I think it helps me to blog, I feel like I notice things more & can remember them too.
Thanks for all the great advice everyone!
Post a Comment