I went to the dentist today to get some cavities filled. Yes that was plural. I had 3. You just gotta love the dentist. So much fun! They stuck some Q-tips with anesthetic between my gums and lips, so I had 3 Q-tips sticking out of my mouth. I felt like a saber tooth tiger or a vampire. Then they stuck a huge long needle into my gums in about 4 different places. How does a need that long go into my gums? I don't get it. Once I'm numb they start drilling and I see tooth dust flying in the air in front of my face and I'm wondering, "why is he drilling a hole? I thought there was already one there?" Then they push and pull and poke and yank until my skin is crawling and I think my tooth is about to be ripped out of my head! Aaagghhh.
My dentist is actually really great. A good family friend. He's been my dentist for like 10 years. Minus the 4 I've been married. But I came back to him. He's very nice and gentle (as gentle as one can be) and funny and fast. I'm glad its over though. My goal for the rest of my life is to never have another cavity!
September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
4 comments:
Do you guys still go to Jesse Greaves?
I have had 1 cavity my whole life. It didn't ever bother me until it was filled...Sorry...that totally sucks. Pregnancy can be really hard on teeth, I have heard.
Mmmm...tooth dust.
That makes me cringe just thinking about it!
Yes, we still go to Jesse.
Post a Comment