Twilight finally came out here in Korea on Friday. I saw it yesterday and I'm going to have to be completely honest with ya....The acting, absolutely horrible. I loved Alice, Alice was everything I'de hope she'd be. She just wasn't in enough scenes. Rosalie was also perfectly wretched, just like she was supposed to be, however she was NOT the most beautiful woman in the whole world like she was supposed to be. Bella was the worse, especially the hospital scene, I couldn't stop laughing. Where was all the passion she felt for Edward? Where was the love. She always looked at him as if she despised him. She was supposed to be absolutely captivated by him. I didn't see it. Edward was not quite as bad as Bella, except he always looked and acted like he was either constipated, as Nikki put it, or going to cry. Even Clint asked why Edward was crying when he wasn't.
The special effects were so completely far from special it was actually funny. With todays technology, those vampires should have flown through the air with grace, not like they were swinging from harnesses. They looked unstable most the time. Like they wanted to swing and flale their arms around to keep their balance but couldn't.
There were only 3 scenes that I enjoyed. The first kiss, the baseball game and when they pulled up in front of the school and walked in together. That was the only scene that Edward was remotely good looking.
I kind of feel like Stephanie Meyer was way too anxious to see her dream come to life on the big screen. If she hadn't have been so over anxious she would have been able to see how horrible the production of and acting in the movie was. I heard that the next movie, New Moon, will be produced by the same guy that produce American Pie and The Golden Compass. So hopefully it will be better. And hopefully the stars of the movie will take some acting classes before then.
4 comments:
Total bummer dude. Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you would like to have. Everyone I know that has seen it either loved it or hated it. It doesn't seem to have an in between. Love ya.
Amen sister! I totally agree with you. It had low budget written all over it. I secretly hope that Kirsten Stewart isn't available for New Moon so they'll get someone else. Sigh!!
oh burn! That hurt to read. Did you watch any of the previews? It totally gave away how rediculous it might be, so I went into it thinking it would be complete crap and I was pleasantly surprised. Plus you have to keep in consideration the low budget this movie had. It would have been this or nothing. I definetly chose this over nothing. Sorry you hated it! I still love you! I'm excited for New Moon too.
I agree with pretty much all that you said. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't heard everyone's opinions or read the book before I saw the movie, but hey what can you do.
Post a Comment