
Book: The Chronicles of Narnia-The Magician's Nephew
Author: C.S. Lewis
Finished: December 12, 2008
Pages: 95
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Year: 2006, originally 1955
Its interesting that this is the first book of 7 in the Chronicles of Narnia but it was actually the 6th book to be published. I absolutely LOVED this book. Very easy reading and full of so much fantasy and imagination. I think the reading level is about ages 9-12. I love how short the chapters are. I found so much symbolism in this book, as I'm sure most people do. I know there are a lot of books that have been written about the symbolism behind C.S. Lewis' writing. I just might have to read one once I finish all 7 of the Narnia books. I will definitely be buying these books.
Author: C.S. Lewis
Finished: December 12, 2008
Pages: 95
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Year: 2006, originally 1955
Its interesting that this is the first book of 7 in the Chronicles of Narnia but it was actually the 6th book to be published. I absolutely LOVED this book. Very easy reading and full of so much fantasy and imagination. I think the reading level is about ages 9-12. I love how short the chapters are. I found so much symbolism in this book, as I'm sure most people do. I know there are a lot of books that have been written about the symbolism behind C.S. Lewis' writing. I just might have to read one once I finish all 7 of the Narnia books. I will definitely be buying these books.
2 comments:
Should I buy them for Colton - he is 11?
I am not a reader, and I am really not a fantasy reader but I find myself wanting to read more as I get older. I think the Chronicles of Narnia are on my list.
I hope you guys are enjoying your holiday season!!!
Post a Comment