December 7, 2008

Birthday Girl

My mom asked for a lot of pictures. So here goes
When I see Mo like this I know it means I'm going to have a messy diaper to change. I guess its the most comfortable and efficient way to poop?
Its SO cold here. Way colder than any cold I've ever felt in my entire life. We bought this new coat for Morgan in Itaewon last weekend. I thought I'd be smart and get one that is a little big so she can grow into it. But it ended up being a lot bigger than I realilzed.
December 7, 2008
We went shopping at the PX in Yongsan on Saturday. We were just going to pick up a few gifts but it turned out that they were having a huge sale. So we ended up getting lots of fun stuff, including a Christmas tree, lights and ornaments for 30-40 % off! We (I mean Clint) decorated it after church yesterday. It turned out cute.
Morgan thought it was her toy and she got in big trouble for playing with it.
After getting in trouble she stood at the table staring up at the tree just screaming. It was so funny I had to take a picture.
Okay, its a little on the Charlie Brown side, but it makes me SO happy to have something Christmas-y in our apartment. It was starting to get a little depressing around here.
Clint is going to be super busy with work this week so we decided to celebrate Mo's birthday last night. Here she is opening her first gift from Clint's friend Steve.


And this is what happened when Steve took it away from her to take it out of the box.
Its a video game that she can play as a baby and as a toddler. Its just buttons that she pushes right now, and as she grows it changes into a joystick with more advanced games.
Clint and I got her a shopping cart walker.

I made cupcakes and Morgan was in heaven! She devoured the frosting pretty quick.



One hand just wasn't getting it all in her mouth fast enough.


The night ended with an early crashing of the birthday girl. I thought she'd be up all night after that cupcake.

16 comments:

The Fisher's said...

I can't believe that she is 1!!! Wow how the time does fly, Happy Birthday to the birthday girl! I'm so glad that you were able to be together for this!

The Phipps said...

Morgan is growing up!!! Happy Birthday! Great pictures too:) It sounds like y'all are having fun. Have a Merry Christmas!

The Patty Cake House said...

So cute!!!!

Mindy said...

Oh Morgan! Happy Birthday!!! I so BADLY wish we could of been there. I cannot believe it has been a year since you had her. We just love that girl (obviously) we want to send her a birthday gift. Let me know what you think she would like, I am not so very good at things like that. :)

Anonymous said...

These are great picutres honey, thanks. Oh my gosh I was laughing my head off at the picture of her crying about the tree and the present.....and it begins. Oh my goodness she is getting her own personality and letting you know who is boss. I love it. Welcome to parenting. It just gets better from here. Love you

Army Family said...

Happy Birthday to Morgan! I can't believe how bug these kids are getting.

Shelly said...

WOW!!! It looks like she had a great birthday!!!! I can't believe how big she is getting. She looks like she is just busting out of that carseat!! She almost gets to sit forward...that will so fun for her. I wish we could have celebrated with you guys.I can't believe how fast this year went. Give her a great big hug from aunt Shelly and Uncle Jason. Can't wait for Bria's birthday now! How fun!

Luke and Erin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY cutie girl!!!!!!!!! I wish we could have been there! She got some way cool things :) She is no longer a baby, she is a toddler! She is growing up so fast!

I am so glad you guys got a tree. I was worried for you! I know how much you love Christmas, and I knew you didn't take anything over! I really hope you are enjoying your time and doing okay...

The Shields Family said...

Is she always in that position when she is pooping?? That's crazy! How are you liking Korea?? Hope all is well and have a great holiday season!

Trav/Mia said...

Happy Birthday little Morgan!! Looks like she had a great day with mom and dad! I can't believe she is one allready! Time flies! I love her new Jacket, so girly and cute! Love you Morgan!

thejencooper said...

Morgan is getting prettier every day! I can't believe how big she is getting! She's go more pretty hair too! I love her facial expressions. So there is a unit coming from Korea to Fort Carson...would that be you guys by any chance or is that just the Apache unit? Or do you even know what I am talking about? I still can't believe you guys live in KOREA. That is just crazy! I love your Christmas tree! Ours is even smaller than that so don't feel too Charlie Brownish. One day we will have a tree, but we always go out of town for Christmas so we have never gotten one yet.

~The Dippold's said...

Aaahh!! How fun!! Happy Birthday Morgan!! :)

Adam Amy Wes said...

If your sweet lil baby is one already that means mine will be soon too! Man how they grow! I can still remember seeing you around pregnant! Happy Birthday Morgan! Oh and about your tree, I love the lil Charlie Brown Christmas tree and yours is awesome!!!

Melanie said...

I can't believe she's already 1! It's crazy to think we have toddlers running around now! :) And about our blog, we have no idea why it's saying we're updating it because we aren't doing anything with it. Hopefully we'll figure it out sometime soon! Sorry!

Benjamin and Jennie said...

It's fun to see Morgan growing right up!!

Windy said...

So cute! I can't believe she's already one!!! That picture of her looking up at the christmas tree reminds me so much on Lanie. Merry Christmas!!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006