July 8, 2009

July 6, 2009-Seoul Grand Park Zoo

Monday was still a holiday for Clint, so we decided to go to the Seoul Zoo. We planned on being there 3 hours, and then watching a dolphin show and heading home...we ended up being there for 6 hours and that was rushing it. Clint had to get home to plan a flight, otherwise we probably would have been there even longer. I highly recommend it to anyone in the Seoul area. It was so cheap, less than 20 dollars for the 3 of us and that included a dolphin/seal show. We drove to the subway station and took the subway to the zoo. From the entrance, you take a little tram car to either the zoo or an amusement park.

It was super busy ;) No fun trying to beat these crowds...






I love this picture of the lions. They were trying to stay cool under this lookout structure.
Botanical Gardens
Desert area of the gardens
I'm glad they depicted the desert so accurately :)
The tropical area of the gardens
Like I've said before, Korea definitely does not lack beautiful flowers.






I had never seen an Albino Peacock before. They're very pretty.

I had also never seen a peacock this close before. I was amazed at the color of blue.
Waiting for the dolphin/seal show to start and eating Korean waffles.
Unfortunately my camera doesn't do good far away pictures. But you get the idea.

Morgan loved these guys.

Giant ant eater...in case you don't recognize it.



It started raining at one point and we had to seek shelter under a eating area. It is monsoon season right now, so we kind of expected it. Below is a video of some very animated monkeys. Turn your volume down if you watch it.

3 comments:

mom said...

Looks like Morgan had fun. She is happy in every picture. I would love to go to a zoo when it wasn't crowded. How did that happen in Korea? Much more fun for you guys though. Glad you all had such a good time.

Carissa said...

That zoo looks awesome. And Morgan is looking so grown up and cute!

Katie Webb said...

It was a holiday for us, but not for Koreans. So everyone was still at work. And there aren't a lot of stay-at-home moms in Korea like there are in Utah :) So its not packed during the week in the summer I guess. It was great that there was no one there.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006