July 14, 2009

Its Definately Monsoon Season!

I had to go to the hospital today to take my glucose test. I didn't realize it was raining until I left the house. As the day progressed the rain got worse and worse! Morgan and I got soaked going from the car to the apartment. She's not in the picture cause she went to bed as soon as we got home. But my blue jeans wouldn't stay up cause they were so drenched! I actually really love this kind of rain (when I'm prepared for it). I just wish it would cool off a little when it rains, but nope, it just gets hotter and more humid. I'm bound and determined to get some good pictures of the rains and the flooding before the season is over, but so far I haven't had my camera with me the 2 times I've been out in it.

When I took Clint to the airport on Sunday (he's in Alabama for some training) the roads were flooded and most of K16 was flooded too. In some areas the water was almost to the top of our wheels. Thank heavens we have an SUV!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Holy Moly...Am I supposed to know what monsoon season is, or am I just dumb? Does this rain monsoon thing happen every year? I hope you don't have to drive much in it. Be safe!

Shelly said...

Clint's in Alabam?!?!? What? How come we didn't know??? How long will he be here?

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Yikes! I remember in Alabama when it used to rain like crazy, I loved it there too! Yes be safe!

Katie Webb said...

Yes, monsoon happens every year in Korea from June-August/September. It doesn't rain everyday. One day its super hot and sunny and humid and then the next it will be downpouring. Imagine Alabama rain but 10 times more rain for the ENTIRE day! Its so insane. An umbrella doesn't do anything for you either cause the wind is blowing and rain is splashing up from the puddles on the streets. They say last year it rained for 160 hours straight once.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006