This week I'm 30 weeks into my pregnancy. Only 10 more to go. I don't have a picture, I'll try to take one soon.
I've entered the uncomfortable stages and I'm having a little more difficulty with this pregnancy than I did with Morgan. But I'm 100% sure its because I haven't stayed active this time. I could kick myself in the head for not exercising more. With Morgan I walked several miles almost every single day. Plus I was doing clinicals for school, which required LOTS of walking. As a result I've gained too much weight which causes problems of its own. It about killed me to walk around the zoo a couple weeks ago.
I've been nesting off and on the last couple of weeks and I really love that part of pregnancy. I feel so productive and energetic and I get so much stuff done around the house.
I'm starting to have a hard time sleeping. Maybe partly because Clint is gone?
Jackson moves around a lot still. It actually grosses me out to watch my stomach sometimes. Especially when I can just see a tiny little ball sticking out like a fist or heel. He's getting big and is up under my ribs now. Which reminds me...breathing is getting more difficult as well :) Oh, and my meals are getting smaller, since there's less room.
I'm getting more and more anxious and scared for him to come. I'm scared because...well, keep reading, you'll see why.
__________________________________________
Morgan is 19 months old and is going through a difficult stage. Difficult for me anyway, because I'm pregnant. Maybe it would still be hard if I wasn't pregnant.
Anyway, she loves having mommy's 100% undevided attention all day everyday. She wants to sit on me and climb on me and she wants me down on the floor with her and her toys and she never wants me to leave the room.
I love spending so much time with her, I mean, I get to watch her learn things right in front of my eyes and its incredible. Yesterday I watched her figure out a toy that she's had since Christmas. She figured out that the shapes only fit in certain holes. And I watched her test her theory over and over til she was sure that each shape had its specific place. It was amazing. Kids are so smart. If only adults could learn as fast as they do.
The difficult part comes in when I'm trying to clean, do dishes, shower, do my hair, talk on the phone, etc. She doesn't like not being the center of my attention. So you see why I'm kind of scared to have the baby here. But like I said, kids are fast learners. So we will all figure things out as we go. Thank heavens I will have Clint here with me.
As a side note: Morgan's new thing to say this week is "No way!" And she likes to give me a big huge cheesy grin when she's in trouble, so of course I can't keep a straight face and all dicipline goes out the window. I just love this little girl so much and I'm so glad we will have had almost 2 years together before Jackson comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
11 comments:
HA! I am glad you like nesting, it made me crazy! I felt like I was just going in circles. It is good that you are feeling like you doing something useful!
I loved freaking people out when my stomach was waving! It was the best part about being so far along.. okay, mabye not the BEST part, but I like it ;)
2 was hard for me, but we got used to it really fast. Morgan's 'Mommy Mode" will kick in and she will like to be your little helper. That is how Em was at least.
I am sorry Clint left as you had to come back. It would have been nice if it would have worked out for you to stay or at least go with him. The last 10 weeks are going to fly by and before you know your family of 3 will be a family of 4!!!!!!
WOW 30 weeks! That went by quick! I wouldn't worry about Morgan too much and things are easier than you think. I was dreading having the second one come but when he finally came it was so easy! I still have somedays that I just want to pull my hair out but I just remember that I have to breath and have faith. Your a strong woman! If you can handle the army's crap then you can handle two! Just get a schedule going as qick as you can.
To be honest - 2 wasn't "too" bad...but my Mom was there for the first few weeks to keep Logan occupied and that was a total lifesaver!! I may have ended up in a padded room otherwise :) They drive me up the wall now ;) I love it, but I think we may just be done - there's two of us and two of them, we have one of each and I don't feel the "urge" to add a third :) We'll see... To make the transition easier we made sure that there was a special present for Logan from Harlee (my mom always did this), so when she came home it wasn't all about her. He was super helpful in the beginning, getting diapers and blankets, etc, but that has worn off now. The hardest was nursing and Logan running wild through the house. It was best to get him situated with something and then feed Harlee, we still do things this way at nap times, I've found that Harlee is much more laid back than Logan because she had to be I suppose. You might have it easier with Morgan, since girls are total little mommies - that maternal instinct is STRONG! Just take it an hour at a time, and know that it will get easier as the baby gets into a schedule. Take full advantage of the newborn sleepy time and make it your special time with Morgan - she'll adjust, it's just us that feel badly. I still feel bad that Harlee doesn't get the one on one time that Logan did, and that Logan doesn't get it as often anymore, part of life I guess...You'll be awesome!!
Now I really feel guilty. I'm still holding out hope that there will be some way that I can come. I don't know how and I don't know when but I really, really, really want to be there. Don't you hold out hope though. I don't want you to be disappointed. :-) Things will work out. It all comes natural. You worry too much. Relax and just let it happen.
Hey, I know, if you have any friends coming over around that time send her with them and I will pick her up and she can stay with us for however long and then I will send her back with someone who is going back over there, or I can just keep her till Christmas. :-)
Jace & Brooklyn are only 14 months apart, so I can relate in a lot of ways. Jace wasn't even walking when Brooklyn was born. I was so scared of how everything would turn out. Especially nursing the new baby...but guess what, it all worked out! You just have to give fruit snacks and watch a little more TV/movies than normal the first month or so, but they learn pretty quick. They HAVE to....and you have to. There's no choice!
Now I absolutely LOVE having my babes so close in age! They are the best of friends...and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!!! Good luck with everything!!
Ambria is going through the same stage. But don't worry, when little Jackson comes, everything will work out. Kids have a adapting fairly easy! I'm so excited for that little munchkin to arrive even though I don't get to meet him until Christmas. Good luck and we definitly need to see some pictures!! (wink wink!)
By the way I LOVE that you put the words that Morgan can say on here!!! So cute and such a great idea! I might steal it so I can remember Ambria's words later. He he he!
I am full of questions lately, but what is nesting? I think I would laugh too if I heard her say no way and try to discipline her. She is just too cute to say no to.
Evie is doing the same thing! She is super clingy right now and I feel like I can't get anything done during certain times of the day when she won't stop whining for 100% of my attention! Poor little things. I hope they both grow out of it soon! I can't believe you are 30 weeks already! Every one elses pregnancies beside my own seem to go by so fast! Oh, I see that you are reading wicked...just to warn you my mother and sister both started to read it and said it's WAY different than the amazing broadway musical. The book is super dirty and disgusting. Just thought I would pass it on :) :) :)
Chloe is so much the same way as Morgan right now! Hardly lets me out of her sight to shower or anything. It's really uncomfortable to have a child climbing and squirming all over your lap when you've hardly got a lap left! The good thing... like you said, they're so adaptable at this age and they learn fast. The first little while will be tough but if you can find a way to include her in helping you take care of the baby, it may become her new favorite thing to do. My girls have been like that anyway. Good luck! I can't believe you're 30 weeks already.
Post a Comment