I finished Financial Pease Revisited by Dave Ramsey back in May. It was a little bit of a difficult read to be honest. A lot of technical stuff, some of which I didn't understand completely. However, I did learn a lot about finances and money management. Clint and I enrolled in Dave Ramsey's Financial Pease University and will be taking 13 lessons that will guide us in the direction of Financial Peace. I'm sure once we've gone through the lessons the things I learned in the book will be a little more clear. Ramsey is a very straight forward author and for the most part he is easy to read. I highly recommend the book and the classes to anyone interested in getting their finances in order.
I also finished Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood back in May. Written by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, this book teaches parents how to teach children responsibility for their actions and behaviors. Its a pretty good book. It has A LOT of helpful advice on the early years of raising children and how to make the "terrible two's" a little less terrible. The hard part is actually using the techniques. It takes patience and consitency. I was very consistent with Morgan on some of these techniques for a couple of weeks and I saw a big difference in her behavior (then we went on vacation). I learned a lot from this book on how to dicipline with love and how to turn bad behavior into learning experiences for both adult and child. There were a few things I didn't quite agree with, as will probably happen with any parenting book. It was easy to read and kind of humorous in some parts. There is also another book for school-aged children called Parenting With Love and Logic by Jim Fay and Foster Cline.Has anyone read Love and Logic? What did you think of it? Did you find the parenting techniques helpful? Did they work for your children? What was the hardest part for you? Easiest part? I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions.
2 comments:
I don't know how you read Financial Books. I have a real hard time getting through them. It's probably because of all the fanciful fiction I read. Once I start having kids I'll have to ask you for all the best books to help me out:) **Oh and FYI everyone I know who has read Wicked did not like it. I've heard it has pretty disturbing and vulgar parts in it. So I have actually stayed away from it. I hear it is nothing like the play. Good Luck and read with caution. let me know how it goes?
I love Love and Logic. I actually took a class at Rucker with my friend. You have to be very patient with it which is not one of my strong points. I feel that my kids listen really good when I get mad and yell. To bad for me at that point they have all the control. One of my favorite parts is not counting. You tell the child something and you expect them to do it. I also give them the choice of doing it themselves or with my help. Which is not fun for them. I take their hand and help them do what was asked until they want to do it alone. This works great with Christina. Kray is my hard child. I sent my boys over form the states so I can read them again. I like to mix Love and Logic with the 5 love languages. I feel that the two together offer optimal learning and teaching experiences.
Desert book is offer time out for women type seminars on line and I think I am going to sign up for them one is on parenting and i would love to see what they have to say. I love reading books where I feel that I learn something that can improve the quality of our family life.
ps you can get a seat like Christina's at the px also what are you doing on Wednesday I will be in Seoul all day with the kids at the dentist if you want to go to lunch.
Maria
Post a Comment