Clint and his mom at Silver Fork
July 25, 2008
Silver Lake and the Cheesecake Factory-July 24, 2008
Yesterday for Pioneer Day, we drove up to Silver Lake at Solitude up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Our first stop was lunch at the Silver Fork Restaurant.
This is the first view you get at Silver Lake. Silver Lake is where the very first 24th of July celebration took place, hosted by Brigham Young. The Pioneers arrived here July 23rd with their horses, cattle, wagons, and families. They celebrated with music, singing, dancing and athletic events.
There is a boardwalk that goes around most of the lake. The rest of the trail is just dirt.
A picture of the greenery. It was so beautiful up there.

Morgan just loves being outside in the stroller

Us in front of the lake
Clint's parents


Reaching for the camera
After hiking around and enjoying the great outdoors we met our long lost friends in Salt Lake for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Luke and Clint met on their mission and have been friends ever since. The first year we were married we lived in the basement apartment of their house. We've missed them since we moved away and it was so fun to see them again!

Mine and Clint's Chocolate Pecan Turtle Cheesecake
It was so good I could hardly see straight! If you ever go to the Cheesecake Factory, don't go for the food, go for the cheesecake! It's worth every calorie and all 7 dollars!

Only in Utah: a guy kneeling in front of a gas station on the corner of a busy street in Salt Lake City in dress clothes, reading what appears to be a Bible or Book of Mormon, and possibly praying? Only in Utah: the newscaster says "brother Crabtree from the Countryview Ward is with us talking about the float that his Stake made for Pioneer Day." Oh, how we've missed Utah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
3 comments:
Cute pictures! I miss Utah so much. And yes we are pretty sure Nate will be coming to Utah. MISS YOU!!!!
My family has spent the last few weekends in the mountains and loves to send me pictures, now I'm jealous of you too! It's so pretty there, enjoy it!
That food was so good, sorry you didn't like it:( but the the cheesecake was killer. YUM!!!! I was all ready to go back tonight! I think I dreamed about last night ;) I am going to steal some of the pic to put up on my blog...okay?!?!
I hope we can get together on tuesday, but if you guys are too busy we can do it after you get back from Bear Lake (I am jealous you are going)
I love that pic of the guy 'praying' on the lawn...HAHA
Morgan is such a sweetie, love her!!! She is just too cute :)! Jeremy used to like to eat the edges of the tables at Mexican resturants... we think it was the grease... goss? yes, but still funny!
Post a Comment