July 2, 2008

:( July 2, 2008

Our friends, Dustin & Holly, posted on their blog that they got orders to go to Ft. Lewis, Washington! I was SO mad when I read that! Not mad at them, just at the fact that Dustin and Clint have the exact same job and got their orders within weeks of each other and Dustin is going to be a day's drive from our home, while Clint is going to be a 20+ hour flight away from home. It made me feel like we were so close to getting assigned to Ft. Lewis. Just doesn't seem fair. How come some people get what they want and others get the exact opposite of what they want? After pouting about it for a while last night I reminded myself (with Clint's help) that we felt like joining the military was what Heavenly Father wanted us to do and that He blesses people for obeying Him and listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost...so...in conclusion...Korea is a blessing...we didn't get Lewis because we're needed in Korea for a reason...and I'm SO happy about it...(did that sound convinving?). No really, I am so excited for Korea, I just got a little down there for a minute. And I'm excited for the Lind's too!

9 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Oh, I would be mad too. It is far away, and like you have to start all over again. It is great you guys can be so up-beat about it.
--thanks for the eamil :)

Holly Lind said...

Oh Katie, I'm Sorry! I could tell you to look on the bright side, and you are doing a wonderful job of it, but that won't help much. The military will throw all sorts of twist and turns at you, and you will see the blessings from it...one day. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later for you guys... but to be honest I'm just a touch jealous about Korea. Dustin loved it when he was there, and if you and Morgan get to go, it'll be a great experience for you guys! If you want to hate us though, I totally get it. I would hate me too right now...

Mindy said...

But you like rice??!!! :)

Heather said...

Clint won't be deployable while you're in Korea though. Pretty much anywhere else he would be heading to Iraq sometime soon. Does that cheer you up?

Anonymous said...

You get to stay with me for a couple of months. You should be estatic!!

thejencooper said...

I am mad at Holly too. I'm kidding! You know I love you Holly (if you look at this again). BUt I am so jealous! We want to go to Fort Lewis because it's so close to my house, but we will probably see you in Korea Katie :)

The Grandy's said...

Awe come on people! I would kill to be in the regular army and have them tell me two weeks in advance that I'm moving across the world. What wonderful experiences you could have! What awesome adventures. What a great opportunity to serve people that may need it the most. It IS a blessing. I'm ecstatic for you.

Katie Webb said...

Thanks everyone! I am glad he won't be deploying and I do like rice. And it will be an awesome adventure. But sometimes the reality of it kicks me in the butt like an angry bull and I forget the exciting part of it all.

Luke and Erin said...

I forgot to tell you that I think you should go for it!! We did it that way and it can be a bit crazy but it really is a lot of fun, I think;)

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006