July 15, 2008

Quick overview-July 15, 2008

We had a super busy weekend getting our stuff packed and taking an insanely last minute weekend getaway trip to Lake Eufaula (pictures will come when we get to Utah).
Friday July 11, 2008-they came to get our Household Goods to go to Korea. Then the rest of the day we tried to pack and clean a little. Then we dropped our dog off at the Kuhni's (words can't express how thankful we are for their help) and headed to the Lake.
Saturday July 12, 2008-we spent the day in the sun and on the water. What a blast! I haven't been on a tube in years and I felt like a little kid again. We had so much fun!
Sunday July 13, 2008-We went to the first hour of church and skipped out early. Our amazing friend, Holly, came home from church with us and helped me clean and pack. Then we went to the Salisbury's for dinner and a going away party. We're really thankful that they offered their house for the party. It turned out great and I was happy to be able to say good bye to almost everyone.
Monday July 14, 2008-Clint picked up the Penske truck while the mover's came for our Unaccompanied Baggage. Then some more of our amazing friends came over to help us finishing packing and loading the truck. We were supposed to finish by 3, but didn't get done til 4. We passed our inspection thanks to everyone's help. There is no way we would have been able to do it without them! After showering and relaxing for a bit we went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom (since it's not out west or in Korea).
Now today we are going to finish clearing post and we're off to Missouri to see Clint's litte sister.

11 comments:

Melissa & Jimmy said...

We love you guys! Keep in touch and have a safe drive.

The Fisher's said...

I can't believe that you are gone - good luck and let us know how things are!

The Patty Cake House said...

I really wish that we could have met earlier. I wish you all the very best!!!

Dannenbergs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dannenbergs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dannenbergs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~The Dippold's said...

We are going to miss you so much!! I tried to email you some pics of the lake and going away party but ran into some probs! Hopefully I will get them sent to you by Fri. Drive Safe! We miss you allready!! :(

Troy and Rebekah said...

You are so lucky to be having this unique experience. We will miss you guys. Fair winds!! :)Troy and Rebekah
P.S. Thanks for being a willing VT Comp. You're awesome Katie!

Luke and Erin said...

So if you can't make it to the cabin this weekend, we can go out next week for Luke's birthday! let us know!!!!

Windy said...

i'm so sad ya'll are gone! :( we;ll miss you and hope ya'll find yourselves happy in your new home!

The Phipps said...

Sorry that I didn't get to know you better. You will be missed. Good luck in Korea.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006