On Monday mornings Morgan and I walk to K-16 for playgroup. I decided to take pictures of our walk today so you all could see what Korea looks like (the non-tourist parts). I didn't take any pictures of K-16 because I'm still a little nervous about posting pictures of it online. North Korea's nukes are a little too close for comfort ya know.
So across the street from K-16 you have our Real Estate Agent's office. Its the basement of this house.

Here we have just a typical Korean street with a typical Korean man standing in the middle of it just lookin' around.

The beautiful flowing river.

This is a strip of shops and restaraunts. This is were Inka's is. The restaraunt we ate at my first week here.


The public exercise equipment.

Long stretch of sidewalk along the busy street.

A Christian church.

Hay-wrapped trees. Don't ask, cause I don't know.

This tent lookin thing is where a lady is usually out cooking and selling food.

You can't tell very well, but this road is lined with green houses full of the most beautiful green plants and colorful flowers. They smell so good, this is my favorite part of the walk.

Looking up into our part of the village.

Our house.

Our mailbox and security camera.

The pretty little blossoming tree next to our stairs. I'm so excited for spring!

And the stairs, home sweet home.

From our front porch, looking to the right. These are all the green houses I mentioned.

And looking to the left.
Dear Gramma Lanny-I got yur Eester box tuday. I luv my litel treets and LUV the cow! I playd with it all niht long and eeven tuk it to bed with me! I lik the spring dresses yu sent me to, I cant wate to ware them! Mom is so hapee that yu sent her baby hangurs. Now all my cloths are fine aly hanging neetly in my closet. I'm glad I dont hav to heer her complan any mor about not having baby hangurs :) Thank yu and I luv yu very much!
12 comments:
How fun to see where you live - My dad is visiting and he served his mission in Korea - made him a little teary to see the pictures :O)
Wow, that brings back memories. How long is your walk to K-16? The flowers in fromt of your house are so pretty! I bet spring will be awesome there!
Morgan can't spell very well! :) Just kidding! I like seeing where you live, it looks like you get to see lots of crazy cool things.
You made me cry at work. I can't believe that box made it in a week. Did you and Clint get your treats? Did she like any of the treats I sent her? I sent the same stuff to Ambria. I haven't talked to them to find out if Ambria like them though. If you need more pant and skirt hangers I will buy some. Those are just the ones you left in the guest room. I'll talk to you tonight. I'm glad she liked the cow. It is very soft. Love ya.
I love your new family picture! SUPER CUTE!
No wonder the Korean people are so skinny. They have public workout equipment. You don't have to pay to be skinny there. Not sure I would work out on public equimpment though....
and ditto what Mindy said. I ordered one. A very small one but one nonetheless. :-) And I think that was so cute what you put made you smile yesterday. I was laughing right out loud. The Morgster was so stinkin cute yesterday. I haven't seen her that animated for months. It was fun.
It makes me a little China-sick! But mostly I just miss you guys! I have flakes for friends, which makes it even worse. Luke aksed where I wanted to go on vacation this summer and I said "Korea". AHH, when are you going to visit?
Morgan is soooo stinkin' cute! I just love her!
When did you get your family picture done? Way cute!!!!
Just like everyone else - way cute family picture! And the spelling was phonetic at least :)
Katie I have a friend that is moving to Korea soon and was wondering if you would be willing to answer some questions she has. If so you can e-mail me your e-mail address to me and I'll give it to her, my e-mail address in armywifey@gmail.com Thanks!
That was a great tour! I know that I will probably never see Korea so that was fun. And Morgan, still sweet as sugar!
I just read your message and YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! We would love for you to come and visit! YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment