Today we ventured to church for the very first time. Of course I didn't have my camera with me. We left the house a little after 7 this morning and walked about a block to the bus stop. Not too bad, except it was freezing cold. I wore flip flops because they were easier to walk in than heels (I changed into my heels when we got to church). We got off the bus after a very short ride, luckily I realized that I had left the diaper bag on the bus BEFORE he drove away.
Next we hopped on the awesome KoRail (Korean Subway). And I mean awesome, its so clean and once you get the hang of it, the maps aren't too hard to read. We rode the subway for a short while and then got off and hopped on another subway that would finally take us to our destination. In between stops we had to climb quite a few stairs with Morgan in the stroller. When we got off at our last stop and were carrying her up another flight of stairs Clint said, "man, we're pioneers." And I said, "yep that's right, and the more stairs we climb the more blessings we get for being at church." (we thought it was funny).
The church was only a couple of blocks down the street from our last stop and it was the weirdest looking chapel I've ever seen. I'll get pictures next week. I guess its brand new, and its 3 stories with a parking garage underneath. It ended up taking us just under 2 hours to get there. Which made for a LONG day.
The meetings were nice. During sunday school I took Morgan out to change her diaper to find that there isn't a changing table in the building. There is a little room where mom's do their nursing and what not, so I took her in there and changed her on a little foot rest stool. Of course she kicked the dirty diaper out of my hand and it hit my leg then hit the leg of the chair I was sitting on, so I got to clean up even more of a poopy mess. After that fun fiasco I decided to just let her play until Sunday School was over. Remember how I said she crawled a couple of steps the other day? Well, I had my eyes closed for about 2 seconds and when I opened them she was crawling like she had been doing it for years. I was shocked!
It took her a while to figure out how to crawl on our tile floor. But she got the hang of it by the end of the night. At first she would crawl on one knee and one foot. So funny. Here's a video of her right before bed. Now we can't keep her in one spot. I know she's almost a year old, but I was shocked at how fast she progressed once she figured it out. Oh and its funny cause when she's crawling toward something she wants, she cries the whole way until she gets there.
Oh, and I counted how many women were in Relief Society(the women's organization in our church) today...17...3 of which were visitors. Crazy coming from Alabama, where we couldn't find a room in the building big enough to fit all the women.
7 comments:
total contrast to Ozark. I'm guessing the clothes came from Old Navy? only because Abrielle has the extact same pieces, such a cute little lady! those dang slippery floors!!
she is getting really big! How is flying for clint? He progressed yet? Hope things are going well in Korea HI is cool when I am there... I am currently back at Rucker .... BOOOOO
Justin
YAAAAYYYY!!! Go Morgan!!! That is so cool! She acts like she's been doing it for months! She looks like a pro! I hope her little tooth is feeling better, poor little girl!
Both me and Nate watched that at the same time, and we were like "YAY morgan" at the same time. It was funnny. I felt a little nausious about Morgan's mouth. I am glad she is ok.
You are so going to be blessed for going to chruch! I bet you will find that it will even better. I did when I was in China. Good for you for going!
YAY Morgan! You got it! Now you need to come home and teach Brookie! She really wants to and is right there, but just can't get it. She is really mad about it.
About bleeding mouths... Tell Clint the head bleeds more easily that the rest of the body... the mouth is included in that! Head wounds always seem way worse than they are. Poor Clint, it is a really good thing he doesn't have "that time of month"
I hope she is feeling lots better, and those darn teeth come in SOON!
That's so said about Morgans mouth. Jake said that the floors were like that in taiwan too, because of the humidity they had no carpet. I love her little crawl. She is so beautiful. I wish I could send you a copie of twilight too! I wish you were here to get super excited with me, (cause I know you would!) I'll take lots of pictures for you. I miss you too! Keep Blogging, I love the pictures and the stories.
How fun! I (unlike a lot of moms) LOVE it when my kids become mobile. You have to watch them closer but they become so much more independent!
I can't believe your trek to church. You ARE pioneers! Makes me feel guilty for driving to church when we're within walking distance. That's awesome though..
I'm glad you made the trip and I'm excited to see all of your new adventures!
Post a Comment