November 11, 2008

Our First Day of Adventure

Monday (10th) was a holiday for Clint so we took the 45 minute bus ride to Yongsan to take care of some business. Clint got his Korean driver's licence so that we can hopefully buy a car. Then we talked to housing and got me put into the system so that my ID card would be 'valid'. He gave me a tour of the post so that in the future when I have to make the trip alone I will be somewhat familiar with it. We did some shopping, and looked at some used cars.
This is Morgan while we were waiting for Clint to finish his driving test.
Monday night after walking 1,000 miles and back again, we took a walk down the street from K-16 to a little place called Inka's BBQ. We ate boneless chicken, beef and rice. These little things were the apetizer and were SO good. Even Morgan couldn't get enough of them.
Our boneless chicken and I think coleslaw. YUMMY!
After dinner we went down a couple doors to buy some snacks. Clint got some weird drinks some bananas while I gauked at all the strange stuff. Can you tell what this is? I about gagged when I saw it.
its squid..and if you look closely, the tentacles are hanging out the top!
My feet were so sore by the end of the day from all the walking we did. But it was great to get out and do stuff to help me stay awake. 16 hour time change is a doosy!


Morgan is moving around so much, but still not crawling forward. She somehow manages to get herself into the funniest places. I found her under the bed once. But didn't get a picture.

3 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

Ok - the squid YIKES!!! I am so happy to see pictures. What an awesome adventure for you guys! I am so glad you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

More pictures.....yes, more pictures.

The Fisher's said...

Aaron has actually eaten squid - you could buy it in the commissary at Rucker, but it didn't have the tentacles sticking out - yuck! The chicken looks delicious though :)

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006