I don't know how I feel about Obama winning the presidency. I knew it was coming. I knew it as soon as Hillary was out. I still have mixed feelings though. However, I am ecstatic that Proposition 8 passed in California! When I read it on KSL.com I almost cried. I'm so happy that there are still people in this world that are fighting to protect God's will. At the same time, I know we will be seeing a lot more controversy on the issue in the future. Satan doesn't give up that easily and I think it will only become more and more of an issue with each passing day.
The other night on the news there was an LDS family with 2 gay sons. The dad talked about how he no longer supports the LDS church because they are closeminded about allowing homosexuals to have membership. I thought that was so awefully sad because it is not our church leaders making the calls. It is not "the church" that says what is and isn't acceptable. It is God, our Father in Heaven, our Creator. The Prophet and other church leaders do only as instructed by Him. Therefore, by turning his back on the church he is turning his back on God.
I truly believe that homosexual feeling are real and strong for some people, but I also personally know people who have struggled with those tendencies and have overcome them. I do not believe it is something you are born with. I believe that Satan is smart and cunning, and working very hard to influence our every thought and action. And like with any addiction or temptation, you have to chose to act upon those thoughts and feelings.
Lots of other interesting votes took place in states around the country. Physician assisted suicide, abortion rights, use of Marijuana for medical purposes, affirmitave action, energy measures, animal welfare. Click the link below to read about them.
KSL new report.
November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
5 comments:
Nicely put. :) I completely agree with you. Satan will do anything he can.
You have an amazing way with words. I 'm sure how I feel about Obama winning either. Thanks for putting your thoughts out there.
** I'm not sure how I feel about Obama winning either
It's crazy the reaction out here, FROM PEOPLE IN OUR WARD! There are people that are totally against this prop and are degrading those of us for it. YIKES! Anyway...you do have a way with words. I am so excited you get to go back to Clint. Love ya!
100% Agree!!!
Post a Comment