December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

2010 is exactly 51 minutes away and I'm sitting home alone just thinking about how much can happen in a year. I feel like I've learned a lot in the last year or so, not only about myself, but about Clint and about life in general. Not that I'm full of wisdom now, but I would consider myself one year wiser than I was last year :) Anyway, here are some of the things that made 2009 great:

10. Moving into our beautiful spacious Korean apartment and meeting lots of great new friends.
9. Celebrating 5 years of marriage!
8. Taking a vacation (ok seperate vacations) to the U.S. of A.
7. Welcoming 2 new sisters-in-law to my family.
6. Clint becoming a P.C. (pilot in command).
5. Welcoming a new baby into our family.
4. My mom coming to visit.
3. Morgan learning to walk, talk, and all sorts of other fun stuff.
2. Paying off all of our debt and taking steps toward other financial goals.
And the thing that contributed the most to making our year great
1. Being together as a family for the entire year.

Its funny to look back and think about how I cried when we got orders to Korea. I was pretty upset. But being here has turned out to be one of the greatest blessings we could have asked for. Nearly any other duty station would have meant Clint deploying, and although we've only delayed the innevitable, we're so thankful that we've had this year (really the past 3 years) together. We have 12 friends who are currently deployed, and more who will deploy soon. We think about them often and pray for their safe return to their families. I'm sure Clint will be among the many deployed troops within the next 18 months or so.

We have much to look forward to in this new year. Most of all returning to the states where we will be close(r) to our families. (at this point, even New York seems close to Utah!). We hope you all have a happy new year and that this year brings you all the greatness you're looking for!

5 comments:

lAuRa said...

Wow, you had some great things happen in 2009! I don't know how you do it with what you do, you must be a very strong person! We continue to pray for those who are away from their homes and families and for their safe return home.

Rebecca Talley said...

Sounds like you had a great year, especially being able to be together as a family.

The Shields Family said...

I need some pointers on the whole debt thing.... Please!

Calvin & Karen said...

A lot has happened in your life. A lot of good things, that's a blessing. It was great to see you on your trip here. I have to correct you though on one point. You welcomed two sisters-in-law this year, not one. I hope your New Year is a wonderful one with lots more blessings. We love you and miss you.

Katie Webb said...

Oh my goodness Karen, you're right! How could I forget? I guess I just can't picture my baby brother as married :) Thanks for reminding me! And Chelsea, read Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. That is how we got started and his baby steps are what we're doing to get our finances in order. Good luck!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006