December 6, 2009

Morgan's Birthday Party

We had Morgan's birthday party on Saturday the 5th. Clint had to work Saturday so we gave Morgan her birthday present from us on Friday night after the Christmas party. She absolutely loved it of course. She was crying about something when Clint wheeled it out and when she saw it she stopped dead in her tracks and stared. It was too cute!

Here she is the morning of her party in her party outfit.
Party favors-the boys got toy airplanes and the girls got Strawberry Shortcake pocket mirrors.
Karen and Mary waiting for the fun to begin.
We had a Strawberry Shortcake video playing and a table where the kids could color SSC pictures.

The guy who runs the arts and crafts center at K16 brought up necklaces for the kids.
Handsome little boys.
Eating strawberry shaped PB&J sandwhiches, Strawberry lemonade, fruits, veggies, cheese, crackers.
Alexander and Big Morgan.
Amanda, Pam and Debbie
The kids had to pop their balloons to get the prize inside. Some of them were a little unsure, including Morgan, she just wanted to play with the balloon.
Apaulo with his prize dinosaur stickers.
McKay eying Morgan's drink, or maybe Morgan, I'm not sure.
Singing happy birthday with Strawberry cupcakes.
As usual, she only ate the frosting.
Opening gifts


Morgan protecting her new shopping cart...I guess I won't have to worry about her sticking up for herself in the future.
It was her party and she cried when she wanted to...
Nikki feeding Jackson.
Trying to escape the party
Matt and Morgan, still playing well after the party was over.

We had a great day and had so much fun spending time with friends. I am so thankful I had friends to help me get ready for the party, it ended up being more work than I anticipated and I couldn't have done it without them. Mary watched Morgan, Nikki decorated, Melissa and Ashley prepared the food, and I ran around like a crazy woman trying to make sure I didn't forget anything. I'm so blessed to have made some great friends here in Korea. This weekend, I realized for the first time, that I may acutally be sad to leave this country. Thanks to everyone who came to hang out, help, and gave Morgan such wonderful gifts. She loves all her new stuff.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

wow Katie! My girls would be loving me if I planned a party like that for them. Someday maybe ;) (I'll call you when I need some ideas) Morgan sure looked cute!

mom said...

I love that she has so many friends within her age range to play with. Looks like she had a blast. I love the "it's her pary and she cried when she wanted to." That is great. It is hard to be two and share all your brand new stuff. Whoever got her the shopping cart hit the jackpot. :-)

Luke and Erin said...

It is great to have good friends and I am glad you guys had a good time. She may not remember the party but she will love the pictures and someday know that her Mommy did a lot of work to make sure she had a special day!

Heather said...

She is one cute birthday girl!!!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006