August 9, 2009

Lots O' Pictures

Most of these pictures are just shots I took messing around with my new camera (its a Nikon Coolpix S630, nothing fancy). Its taken me a while, but I'm figuring it out.
Here I am at 32 weeks pregnant. My feet permanently look like rising bread dough, I can't get the swelling down (its not that I don't know HOW to, its just that they won't go down). I've been in a lot of pain from about my lower back down to my feet lately. I got a belly support thing from my dr. to lift the baby up and take pressure off my back and pelvic bones, but I don't like the way it fits, so I don't wear it. They haven't started "checking" me yet, so I don't know if I'm dilating or any of that fun stuff. 42 days to go!


A couple days before Clint got home from his trip to the states, our car broke down on me. So Morgan and I took the bus to an appointment last week. Of all the places she could have sat down to wait, she chose the dirt. She will always chose dirt and rocks over grass.
Also while Clint was gone, our TV stopped working (possbily from a lighting storm that took out our internet and cable also). So we were looking at TV's at the PX a couple of weekends ago and Morgan was really into The Bee Movie.
Heading to the commissary.
Can you tell I like sleeping pictures?
Daddy works late sometimes, okay, a lot of times, so this particular night Morgan was laying in bed with me reading cause I had absolutely no energy to be anywhere but my bed.





Morgan discovered her belly button. I find it funny that kids discover things like that regardless of whether or not we ever show them. She points to it now and says "be-ye". It sounds very similar to "bye". Anyway, she loves to point out mine and Clint's belly buttons too.

I was trying to get some much needed rest the other day when I realized Morgan was being unusually quiet. Of course I found her doing something she's not supposed to :)
Licking the spoon after making No Bake cookies
Chillin with her polar bear.
As I mentioned in a previous post, Clint was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's Presidency at church. Every Thursday they have activities. Last week they went swimming, so Morgan and I tagged along.

Morgan absolutely HAS to feed herself these days. She refused to let me even touch her spoon. If I do it turns into an all out temper tantrum, tears and all! I wouldn't mind so much, I mean, I'm LOVING having a toddler who wants to be independent, but the mess I have to clean up afterwards is never fun!
We finally found a good deal on a TV that was within our price range. 3 weeks without one was pretty rough!
Oh, and we got our household goods, which means Morgan has her real bed, which she LOVES, and lots of baby toys to play with. I can't keep her away from them.

In other news: I was given the wrong calling at church last week and I am actually supposed to be the compassionate service leader. I think Heavenly Father is trying to teach me something, because I was in the same calling when we lived in Alabama. And I have a difficult time feeling like I have the talents and abilities neccessary to serve others. So this will be a good "job" for me.

Anyway, Morgan is growing fast and will be 2 in less than 4 months! I love, love, love having a toddler. A lot of people say they miss their kids being babies and that I shouldn't wish Morgan could walk and talk cause I would miss the times when she couldn't do those things. But nope, not me. I'm loving it. As challenging as it is. I love interacting with her and watching her learn and making her walk everywhere so she burns off more energy. I love that she can feed herself (for the most part) and that she likes to "help" clean and cook. I think these are the days I'm going to miss.

PS. Morgan doesn't ALWAYS have that stupid pacifier in her mouth. Only at bedtime and when mom is too tired to deal with the whining. The last couple of months she's been really clingy, but I think we're at the tail end of that phase...at least until Jackson is born.

10 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

Oh she is soooooo cute!!!!

mom said...

Finally!!! She is so stinkin cute. I love them all. Thanks for posting them. It was great seeing you guys on webcam last night.

Darsha said...

Hey Compassionate service leader. I really need that dessert. Just bring it over any time. Well sooner the better.

Luke and Erin said...

Congrats on the new callings. You guys will do great in them. We are going to be in the nursery until next May (when we get a house)! That will have been a year and a half. I think I am ready to be out now!
Morgan in really entering that toddler age. She is beautiful. I think all the ages are fun. I miss my baby babies, and I miss my toddlers but I am looking forward to school days and PTA.
It helps to have a few at every stage right now ;) I think just enjoying them all the time is the best way to go, becasue try as I might I can not stop time.

Good luck with the new calling, and enjoy your new TV!

Shelly said...

AAWWEE!! I look at these pictures and see how Morgan is growing and it makes me sad. I miss you guys SO much! I just know that Morgan and Ambria are gonna be the best of friends, they are SO much alike!!! If I were to write a dialogue of Ambria's day it would be the exact same as Morgans!! Ambria is doing all the same things and even has the same temperment. And by the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a toddler too, they are so much fun!!! Love ya!

Justin and Kristin Neal said...

Only 42 days? Is that all? I can hardly believe it!! Miss Morgan is so adorable... definitely Miss Independent!! Hope you are all well! We're doing great!

The Calls said...

Your last comment about Morgan being clingy till Jackson comes....I hope you were being sarcastic...that is when they are the most clingy, when a new baby arrives. Let's hope she isn't though.

Generational stitcher said...

My kids never want me after a baby is born, they want the baby! ALL THE TIME :) It's rather sweet actually. I have a belly belt thing...It feels weird for awhile but it helps with the pain...at least for me. Mine's just elastic and Velcro, not sure if yours is the same. Almost done!!

thejencooper said...

Look at your cute belly! I think that is the way you looked when I first met you actually :) That is crazy to think how long ago, but NOT so long ago that was! Time is flying! I love all those pictures of cute little Morgan and I LOVE sleeping pictures too! I don't take them very much anymore because I'm afraid it will wake Evie up, but they are the sweetest pictures.

Heather said...

What a cute preggers lady!!!!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006