I LOVE KOREA!!!!
Today I went with a couple girl friends to Dongdaemun, which is fabric/craft HEAVEN!!!! I snapped a few pictures, but they don't do the place justice AT ALL. There are 2 buildings, each 5 stories and basements, plus vendors all over outside the buildings. There is isle after isle after isle like the one you see below. And they stretch the entire length of the building.

There's not much moving space, hence the reason I don't take Morgan with me. In fact, its difficult going there pregnant because I kept getting my belly squished up against the stacks of fabric and it kind of hurt.

Walking back to the car. These are some of the out door vendors.

This is a wall lined with kimchi pots galor! The wall they are stacked against is the wall surrounding main post at Yongsan. (I have no clue how I got this picture with no cars in it).

And here's what I picked up today. Batting for less than 2 dollars a yard, 10 yards of various fabric (including
Vera Bradley fabric which isn't sold in the states) for less than 40 dollars, a yard of ribbon for about 30 cents, and a yard of Velcro for less than a dollar.

The batting was by far the BEST deal! Can't wait to show you what I do with it all!
(I actually have no clue what to do with most of it, but I've learned that when I see it I have to buy it, cause that market is so big I may never find the same vendor again!)
~Keep scrolling down for another new post~
5 comments:
I am so jealous! Jimmy's mom told me all about that place and how fabulous it is! How fun!
That fabric is so cute!! We better not go there while I'm there. I can't bring enough money and I don't want to pay for another piece of luggage. :-)
I'm so jealous! You got a lot of cute stuff (I'm glad you got some Vera!!) And you remembered your camera! =) We'll have to go again soon!
ummmm...ya I'm jealous!!!! That looks like my kind of place...you couldn't get me out of there I bet!
I love Dongdaemun! I wish I could go ther more often, but it's pretty near impossible with 3 kids.
Post a Comment