August 4, 2009

Just So You Know

I have some pictures to post, but Clint got me a new camera and I haven't been able to download the software yet because our disc drive isn't working. Therefore, I haven't dowloaded any pictures from my new camera.

Our household goods arrived in Korea today! That means they will be delivering them this week (I hope).
Only 6 more weeks til my my birthday and mom comes to Korea!
7 weeks til the baby is born (hopefully no longer)!
12 weeks til Clint's birthday and Halloween.
16 weeks til Thanksgiving!
And only 20 weeks til CHRISTMAS!!!!

I love this time of year. Well, I love the fall, but its getting close enough. There are so many things to look forward to! Mostly I can't wait for it to cool off a little. Most people say it doesn't happen til late September, early October, so we still have a ways to go, but I REALLY can't wait! The humidity here is a killer! Like our friend at church says, "you can't even bend over to pick up your keys without being drenched in sweat."

Oh, and speaking of church. On Sunday I was asked to start teaching in the Relief Society (the women's organization of our church) and Clint was asked to be a counselor in the Young Men's organization (there is a president and 2 counselors in charge of the boys 12-18). We're both really excited, and kind of nervous (at least I am). Luckily our numbers are small so I won't be teaching a HUGE group of women.

4 comments:

mom said...

You know, I didn't realize till a couple of days ago that I was coming the day after your birthday. Duh. Wonder what I was thinking? Close enough I guess though. I hope the humidity and heat let up too. Cause you know how I am. Anything above 70 is too hot. Congrats on the new callings. You will love it. Clint will be good in young men's too becuase he is young. :-) Love ya.

lAuRa said...

Holy cow!! when you put it in weeks, the holidays don't sound far away at all!! oh my i have so much to do!

thejencooper said...

Whoa! 20 weeks until Christmas? That is crazy when you put it that way. And you are so close to having your little Jackson We are so excited for you. Good luck with your new calling. That would be a little less nerve wracking to teach a small group of people :)

Anonymous said...

oh, what kind of camera?
It is too bad we missed Clint, but we understand how time just goes by so quickly.
Are you counting down the days?

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006