August 18, 2009

PeeAnOo

Guess what I got yesterday! Yep, my very first piano. Its an electric piano. And I got a KILLER deal from a good friend at church who needed to get rid of it before moving to Germany.
After returning from my Utah trip this summer, I realized how bored and idle I had been since arriving in Korea. So I set myself 2 goals when I got back here. The first one was to learn how to sew. I've done pretty good with that so far. I've completed 4 projects and am working on a 5th one now. My second goal was to learn to play the piano. I have a couple of beginner books, including the beginner course that our Church has published. I'm so excited to get started and to maybe someday pass on some musical ability to my children!

Here is project number 4. A diaper case that matches the bag I made. Click HERE to see the tutorial (which is actually very confusing and I had to finish it my own way). I still have to add velcro to the flap. I'm making a trip to the fabric/craft market today. Hopefully I can find some!

4 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Wow! You go girlie! You are so awesome!
I love your diaper case...does it keep the diapers from getting all mushed?

Katie Webb said...

Ya, it totally does keep them from getting mashed and scattered around your bag. It can fit 4 diapers. I'm making a boy one also, so that when I open my diaper bag, I can tell which ones are Mo's and which ones are Jackson's.

mom said...

That is such a totally good idea for grandmas who can't tell the difference till they've tried them all. :-)

mom said...

By the way that piano is bigger than Billie's and hers does not have pedals.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006