May 30, 2008

Shew Fly Don't Bother Me-May 30, 2008

This fly has been chasing me around my house for about 3 days now. Its gigantic and at first I thought it was a huge bumble bee or a hornet. So I've been ducking and running all over my house for the past few days. This morning I wake up and hear it buzzing somewhere. When I went into the kitchen there it was laying on its back on my stove. It finally died!! Or so I thought. All the sudden the thing starts twitching and buzzing and spinning around on its back! Ya, I jumped AND screamed! I thought it was going to come after me again. When it stopped I put a cup over it and waited about an hour or 2 so I knew it was good and dead. Then I laid a quarter by it so you can see the size of it. I swear this thing must have eaten some radioactive poop or something!

2 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Yup, it is big! We had a cricket that we couldn't find, then one night it came out of it hiding place and Luke smashed it with a shoe! I really hate little bug things!

Amber said...

Hey we had one in our house the other day. Josh said it was a dear fly. I guess they're worse than a horse fly. They have a scissor like mouth. I'd hate to get bitten by one of these.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006