October 18, 2010

The Pink Half-Marathon~October 16, 2010

October is breast cancer awareness month. In Park City they held a half-marathon for breast cancer awareness. Brenna (my sister-in-law) convinced me to run it with her. So early on Saturday we headed up to Park City.
Brenna, bright-eyed and busy tailed!!
Betsy is ALWAYS ready to run!
Me, trying to look excited to run 13.1 miles.
Almost start time...
2 hours, 37 minutes, and 17 seconds later...at the finish line
This one is out of order, this was approaching the finish line.
The only after picture I got. I couldn't hold still long enough to let anyone get a decent picture.

3 comments:

AdamAndMelaine said...

Way to go Katie! That's so awesome! I did one last year and loved it--hoping to do one again soon!

Stephanie said...

I'm so proud of you. Half marathons are hard! Maybe I should come do one with you in Texas :)

grandma said...

I am a proud mama. Way to go girls.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006