It was really neat to see these things in real life. I've seen plenty in medical text books and encyclopedias. I highly recommend going if you ever have the chance. They move around from city to city. If you do go, don't take your kids. It took us 3 hours to get through it. And there were so many people fighting with kids (including me) and trying to keep them entertained without letting them touch the displays. You can really learn a lot from it if you take your time going through.
October 19, 2008
Body Worlds
Yesterday afternoon my brother and I went to Body Worlds in Salt Lake. It was pretty neat. The bodies didn't look as real as I thought they would. But it was pretty amazing what they can do with them. There were displays of entire bodies, including one with skin still on some of it. There were also displays of organs, capalaries, the central nervous system, and even cross sections of a camel. They also had embryos in jars and fetuses that never made it to birth, which was absolutely amazing to me. The smallest embryo they had was about 6 weeks gestation. You could hardly see it. But within a few weeks you could see a little alien baby with fingers and toes. I wish I could have taken pictures inside. Another thing I loved was the comparison of smoker's lung to a healthy lung.
It was really neat to see these things in real life. I've seen plenty in medical text books and encyclopedias. I highly recommend going if you ever have the chance. They move around from city to city. If you do go, don't take your kids. It took us 3 hours to get through it. And there were so many people fighting with kids (including me) and trying to keep them entertained without letting them touch the displays. You can really learn a lot from it if you take your time going through.

It was really neat to see these things in real life. I've seen plenty in medical text books and encyclopedias. I highly recommend going if you ever have the chance. They move around from city to city. If you do go, don't take your kids. It took us 3 hours to get through it. And there were so many people fighting with kids (including me) and trying to keep them entertained without letting them touch the displays. You can really learn a lot from it if you take your time going through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
5 comments:
You are so brave! I could never go to one of those places!!!
That is kind of crazy but cool. I think I would like to go to that. I love Morgan's cute little outfit, the little bret in her hair is cute too!
Morgan looks so comfortable in her stroller!!! so cute!!!
My sister went to that and said it was cool. Morgan is so grown up! We are coming after Thanksgiving, and we should totally do lunch!
I have thought about going, but I don't want to drag the kids around... sounds like that is a good idea. Maybe someday I will go see it.
Post a Comment