First of all, I have to own every book that I read and like. I'll usually borrow it from someone and read it before purchasing, but once I like a book, I have to own it. 99% of the time, these books that I HAVE to have, are a series of books, ie Harry Potter, Twilight, Children of the Promise, Hearts of the Children, oh I could go on forever! Its such a silly obsession because I have never read a book twice. Except One Tattered Angel by Blaine Yorgason, which is very short and easy to read.
Okay, now here is the 2nd part of my obsession (yes there is a 2nd and 3rd part to this), if a book is available in hardcover, I absolutely have to have the hardcover. No if's about it. (Unless its a gift of course). I have dreams about having a library in my house someday of thousands of hardback books.
Now for the 3rd part of this obsession that has just recently surfaced...books for Morgan. I know this is rediculous, but Morgan owns A LOT of books. I sent about 6 or 7 books to Korea with our household goods, and she has 13 books here that I can think of off the top of my head. And yes, she already owns almost the entire collection of Bearnstein Bears and Dr. Seuss books (from when I was a kid). Today, I've discovered another series of books that I want her to have SO SO bad. They are by Leslie Patricelli. And of course they are all board books.
This is just one in the series of books that compares opposites.
6 comments:
I totally know what you mean. When I was home in Utah I bought the whole collection of children of the promise. I am on the second book now, they are so good!! I also dream of having my own library. Right now most of my library consists of economics, human diseases, microbiology, epidemiology, and etc. We still have all of our college texts. I can't wait to fill it with kids books. One day! I miss you!
So...you aren't alone in this! Aaron has forbidden me to buy anymore kids books this year. Now, let me preface this by saying that I have probably spent hundreds (yes, hundreds) of dollars on childrens books this year alone. I also have boxes and boxes that I need to sort through from when I was teaching. It came to a head after I spent about $ 60.00 at a bookfair recently (all for Logan and Harlee :)) It's been hard to stop, but I'm trying, at least until January ;) I also agree with you on hardcover books. I had to buy the first Harry Potter again just to have it match the rest, when it came it was a smaller hardcover, so I need to get a new one still! If only I could get Aaron to understand that reading IS a hobby :D
At least it is a good obsession! I love to read too and must have hardbacks. I like to have them up on the shelf and along with Mindy I look to the day where it is filled with children's books. :)
Katie, I am with you books are one of my pride and joys and I love hard back books.
Spencer's commander said for us to come around the 10th and he'll give him the week off to get us settled. We are still waiting on all the paper work to be signed. Spencer got permission to move off post because the barracks are full. We have lucked out with the apartment and car. Has Clint spent a lot of time in the field? Spencer leaves on Monday for 2 weeks this is the second time he'll be going and then he is suppose to go agin shortly after we get there for 2 weeks. We'll see what happens. I think we should try to fly over together if it works. Coming from Utah you'll have a layover somewhere. We'll have to get together in Korea once we are both there. Spencer said he has contact numbers for 8th army if you want them. The lady from the school gave it to him.
Katie, I am with you books are one of my pride and joys and I love hard back books.
Spencer's commander said for us to come around the 10th and he'll give him the week off to get us settled. We are still waiting on all the paper work to be signed. Spencer got permission to move off post because the barracks are full. We have lucked out with the apartment and car. Has Clint spent a lot of time in the field? Spencer leaves on Monday for 2 weeks this is the second time he'll be going and then he is suppose to go agin shortly after we get there for 2 weeks. We'll see what happens. I think we should try to fly over together if it works. Coming from Utah you'll have a layover somewhere. We'll have to get together in Korea once we are both there. Spencer said he has contact numbers for 8th army if you want them. The lady from the school gave it to him.
I'm constantly looking at books for Mason, too. And right now he is in a huge reading phase where that's all he wants to do! There are SO many cute kid books out there! It's a healthy obsession to have :)
Post a Comment