Why is it that the last 10 lbs have to be the hardest? I've been trying to lose the last 15 lbs of baby weight since April. I lost 5 in May by doing aerobics everyday, but now its apparant that I'm going to have to step it up a little. I've been running the last 2 weeks. 2-3 times per week and its felt pretty good. I haven't been in too much pain. So I'm really excited to start working toward a 5k (3.1 miles). I found a training schedule in one of Clint's running magazines so I thought I would share for anyone interested. I've never really "trained" or worked up to a 5k before. I usually just exercise a couple time a week and hope that I make it through the 5k on race day. Last time I ran one I threw up. So this time I'm going for being prepared!
This schedule is for running 3 days a week and says you should be doing other workouts (swimming, cycling, aerobics, brisk walking, etc) twice a week. Avoid running on consecutive days. This schedule is not for gaining speed, just working your way to completing a 5k without having to stop or walk.
Week 1
Day 1- 1.5 miles
Day 2- 1.5 miles
Day 3- 2 miles
Week 2
Day 1- 2 miles
Day 2- 2 miles
Day 3- 2.5 miles
Week 3
Day 1- 2 miles
Day 2- 2.5 miles
Day 3- 3 miles
Week 4
Day 1- 2.5 miles
Day 2- 2.5 miles
Day 3- 3 miles
Week 5
Day 1- 2.5 miles
Day 2- 2 miles
Day 3 RACE DAY- 3.1 miles
June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
2 comments:
Where's the pictures??? :-) Great talking to you on webcam today. Love ya.
I wish I could just melt away the last of the weight I want to lose, it's hot enough here! You motivated me though, just thought I'd tell ya that! I've been running for about a year and a half now, nothing fast or too long, but running none the less. The last few weeks have been pretty lazy ones though, like no exercising... but I got up today and ran about 1 1/2 to 2 miles and feel so much better already! Thanks for the push!
Post a Comment