September 11, 2009

Good News?

I went to the dr. today. I'm at "almost" 4 cm and 75% effaced. The baby is in the locked and loaded position. She stripped my membrane (holy painful!) and seemed very confident that I would go into labor within the next 48 hours. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know stripping doesn't work for a lot of women. I've been having contractions since I left the office 6 hours ago, still not consistent enough though.

~scroll down for another new post~

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Katie make sure you still monitor your contractions. Remember the Dr stripped my membranes with Ambria and my contractions weren't regular or consistant at all and I ended up BARELY making it to the hospital because I didn't think my contractions were close enough together or consistant enough. So just be careful! And good luck!!! Im SUPER excited!!!

Stephanie said...

Good luck! I hope it is soon! Thanks for the updates :)

thejencooper said...

We are so excited for you! Good luck!

M C said...

I am soooo excited!! Yahooo!! I can't wait to see the little guy! Good luck to you Katie, I'll be thinking about you.

I got stripped 3 times with each of my pregnancies and nothing really changed, I still went over a week late with all three. But since you're almost a 4 allready, I bet this will get things started for you. I sure hope so! :) Let us know! Lots of hugs!!

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Good luck Katie! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Heather said...

I had my membranes stripped with Whitney and it did send me into labor! Hope it gets things started for ya!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006