On Tuesday Jackson had his 3 day check up. He had lost 13% of his weight already because he is having a hard time nursing. (I may have GREAT labors/deliveries, but nursing is SO HARD for some reason). Anyway, so after his appointment I met with a lactation nurse who helped me with a few things (I am so VERY determined to breastfeed this child!). And Jackson has been eating much better since. We had another appointment this morning and he gained 3 oz. over night. He's also started pooping :) Yay!
Morgan loves looking at the baby. She loves holding him too. She's been great with him so far, she just likes to point to his nose and eyes and mouth, which makes me kind of nervous, but no harm done yet. Except for the shoe she threw at him in the car today. But overall she's very kind to him. She is maybe a little envious of his feeding time with mom. I have seen a change in her, its almost as if she prefers to go to dad now. Which makes me kind of sad, I already miss only giving my attention to 1 baby. Love doesn't divide though, it multiplies and boy do I love these 2 kids!

Having a newborn around makes me realize how "grown up" Morgan really is. I still call her a baby sometimes, but she's not a baby. She has so much personality and is so fun to interact with. She is saying so many new things. She said "outside" today! I was amazed! She's trying to dress/undress herself, put her own shoes on, she talks on her "cell phone", "reads" books more than ever, and is just my little big girl.
My mom gets here tomorrow! I can't wait! Clint and I are both exhausted! Thank heavens he's been able to take so much time off work!
7 comments:
Those two are so cute!!! And Morgan really did grow up quick!!
Congrats! He's so handsome!
How adoreable is that picture!! He is such a handsome little man and Morgan is such a beautiful little girl. You make cute babies, Katie!! I am totally with ya on calling them babies still. I still call Ambria a baby, but I am realizing that she is no longer a baby and is a toddler. At least you actually have a baby to hold and cuddle still. I have to just let go of babyhood. haha
Glad your mom is coming but what else do you need?. I can't wait to see him. Congratulations!
What a cute picture! He is such a doll and Morgan is looking so big! Congrats again!
ongrats Katie, he's a cutie!! Glad labor went well. I hear ya on the nursing...it's supposed to come naturally but apparently it doesn't. I was crying and praying all the time that it would work and one night it just did, I consider it a miracle. =)
You don't realize how big your baby is until you have another one! I thought Tylan was my little guy for awhile until Keyvan came. Now he is so much heavier and taller!! Very handsome little boy! Only advice is to get a schedule going. The first couple of months are busy but it all evens out and you are a pro at having two kids! Keep trying on nursing... it took me forever to finally get it right this time. I was bound and determind and it's a success.
Post a Comment