June 23, 2009

Tuesday June 16, 2009-The Splash Pad

On Tuesday morning last week we headed up to the Ogden area to spend the day with Clint's family. I decided to stop at the Splash Pad on our way to see what all the hipe was about. This place is in a public park and is free to everyone. Its a really neat place. It could provide hours of entertainment absolutely free! Morgan was really unsure about the whole thing. She basically walked around the perimeter and yelled at the water, especially when it splashed on her from the ground. Which is funny because she usually loves the water.
Luckily we got there early in the morning and there were only 2 other kids there. It didn't take long for the crowds to start pouring in though. Its quite the popular place.


Waving bye to the other kids as they left.
This is as close to getting wet as she got.
I threw her in under some buckets that dump water on you. She wasn't too thrilled about it.
Sucking the water off her hands.
Morgan loves the slide, but she prefers to go down feet first on her belly. Every time.

I usually have to force her to go down the right way.
Trying on mom's sunglasses.

This video pretty much describes what she did the entire time we were there (besides playing on the slide).

~One more new post below~

5 comments:

Mindy said...

That looks like a lot of fun for kids! Is it a new place? That's also cool that it's free!

Carissa said...

Where exactly is this at?? I think my kids would love it.

I'm glad you've been having fun on your trip and hope you're feeling well!

The Phipps said...

That looks like fun!!! And Morgan...as cute as ever!!! I bet she can't wait for her brother!!

Luke and Erin said...

For those want to know the splash pad is part of the R.A.M.P project. There is free stuff all summer, you can get all the activies online, just search R.A.M.P. in South Ogden.


Morgan is so cute. I am sad we couldn't see her. I hope you are feeling good and all is well. Tell Clint hi for us :)
I am gald you guys have been able to do so much. I am sure you have enjoyed a little break from Korea.

Katie Webb said...

If you know where the Ogden Athletic Club is...the Splash Pad is right behind it. I don't have an exact address. Maybe do a mapquest for the Athletic Club in South Ogden. Also, you can do a google search for parks in South Ogden.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006