June 14, 2009

Hill Air Force Base Air Show-June 6, 2009

Morgan and I went to the Hill Air Force Base Air Show last week with Clint's family. It was a beautiful day for an air show. So beautiful that I got a nice sun burn on my arms face and chest. I forget how sensitive my skin is to the sun when I'm pregnant. Same thing happned when I was pregnant with Morgan.

This guy was a little tiny red plane doing crazy tricks. At some points you couldn't tell if he was flying or falling out of the sky.
I just thought it was neat how the nose of this plane opened up for cargo.
This guy looked like a whale compared to the jets and other little planes. He moved so slow. I couldn't believe he could stay in the air.
Parachutters. I was taking the picture into the sun so it didn't turn out so great.
Enjoying frozen lemonade with Nana.
The Thunderbirds performed. It was my first time seeing a performance like this and it was pretty neat. Loud, but neat.
Morgan didn't even mind the noise at all. Which surprised me, because it hurt my ears a couple of times. There were 2 baby boys screaming a few feet behind us cause the jets kept scaring them.
This guy is flying straight forward, not up.
Apparantely at some points in the show these guys' wings get within 16 inches of each other. If they're even 1 second delayed in any move they can cause terrible problems.


A couple videos for you. Make sure your volume isn't too loud.

3 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

Oh my goodness Katie that made me soooooooooo homesick!!!!! Just seeing those mountains in the back ground!!!! I miss Utah!!!! Glad you guys are having fun!!!

Mindy said...

We went to that same air show but it was at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida. It was really neat, but SO loud!

The Phipps said...

Those are great pictures! I have a cousin that is stationed at Hill and we went to the museum
( spelling?) there a couple of years ago. Looks like Morgan had fun too!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006