June 13, 2009

18 Months

On June 9th Morgan turned 18 months old!

At her dr. appointment before we left Korea she was 23 pounds and they said 30 inches, but I don't believe them, I think she was more like 28 inches. She's usually around the 40th-50th percentile for everything. Which means shes very average in her size. She's gaining height faster than weight, so she's thinning out quite a bit.

At 18 month Morgan can sign "eat" and "more", she can say "no, mom, dada, papa, hi, bye, see ya, down (sometimes sit down), cheese (for the camera), uh-oh, shoe", love ya or later" (can't tell yet), and something that very closely resembles "oh man". Of course she doesn't say ALL of these words perfectly, but I understand what she's saying :)

Her favorite game right now is peek-a-boo with her Winnie the Pooh blanket (which she is more attached to than ever before). She likes to play with just her hands too. If you say "I see you", she will immediately cover her eyes and say "see ya". She also loves jumping/playing/wrestling on any big person bed. I attribute that to her dad, who is always wrestling with her on our bed at home.

She loves being outside and she loves walking around like a big person. Especially in stores. She walked up and down every single isle in Home Depot yesterday! Not joking.

She prefers to play alone or near the closest adult. Still not interested in playing with other kids. In fact she usually pushes them away if they get to close to her. She's not super interested in toys unless its something with buttons to push or a door or lid that she can open and close. She still loves books, but not as much as she used to. She much rather get into all the things shes not supposed to. Especially drawers.

She wears size 18 month onsies/shirts, but still wears size 12 month pants/shorts/skirts.

She loves going to bed. Sometimes when I tell her to go to bed she will walk right to her bed and wait for me to put her in it. She rarely fights naptime or bedtime. If she could talk, I'm pretty sure she would ask me if she could go to bed. The only time she fights sleep at all is when she's not in her crib. Its very rare to find her asleep anywhere besides her crib or car seat.

2 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Really? She is that old? Wow, time flies!
She is so cute on the slide, I am excited to see you two...

Mindy said...

I just love that girl so much! :) That 18 months went by really fast, she was a very snuggly baby, I miss her! Bring her to me....please? Oh, and I miss you too, :)

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006