July 3, 2010

Yesterday we were out and about in Korea. We were walking down this street just looking around and Clint noticed an alleyway that had lots of people and stands were people were selling stuff. He's says, "hey, lets go look over there, that looks like a market." So we turn down this street and we see dogs. We're like, "oh great, Morgan will LOVE seeing some animals." But then we noticed the cages of dogs had hundreds of dogs in them and they were just piled on top of one another. They were sickly looking dogs. All the same "breed". We saw a few cages of goats and chickens too. Then we realized this was not a place to see cute little cuddly dogs. This was a meat market. It was a market where you choose your dog (or chicken or goat) and they butcher it right there for you!! As soon as we realized this we turned around and got out of there. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. It was so sad. They just breed hundreds of thousands of dogs for meat. Of course, we do the same thing with chickens and cows, etc. But it was a whole different story seeing dogs that way. We didn't get any pictures. I should have. It was so crazy!

4 comments:

mom said...

That is gross. I thought it was just something funny that people said about Korea. I didn't know they really did eat dogs. That is sick.

Laci J said...

WOW, that is sad. But it does make me wonder what kind of breed they prefer...

Luke and Erin said...

sad. but I have to wonder...

evelania said...

Hi! I haven't been to your blog in a while but could have sworn you'd be back in the States by now. Did you extend there in Korea? Do you guys know where you're going next? Anyway, looks like things are going good for you all :)

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006