We are flying Patriot Express from Korea to Seattle, then commercially from Seattle to Salt Lake City on August 31st!!! I can't wait! I'm so excited we're one step closer.
For a change of subject:
I've been thinking a lot lately about how funny it is how we change as parents. I am definitely a different mom now than I was when Morgan was a baby. Its interesting how we grow and change right along with our children. I keep thinking about how I was always so worried that Morgan would be an inconvenience to others. You know, like when she was fussy or didn't get a nap or there was so much going on she was 'overstimulated'. And I even thought that just the fact that she had to eat every few hours and be changed would inconvenience everyone when we went out. When we were staying in Utah when she was about 8 months to 11 months old, I was even worried that she would be an annoyance to our families! It stressed me out to have a crying, unhappy baby, so I assumed it stressed everyone out....
....I now see the error of my ways and I can't wait to 'inconvenience' and 'annoy' our families with my children :)
Also, I always thought that having one kid was so hard, especially when we moved to Korea. I would look at people who had 2 kids and think, "wow, she must be superwoman to be able to handle more than one!" But like I said before, we grow and change right along with our children, and now, having 2 doesn't seem that much different than having one (no mom, this doesn't mean I want to have 5 more!) And I realize you don't have to be superwoman to be a good mom.
Another thing I've been thinking about is personality. I wonder how much of a child's personality is genetic or just natural, and how much is learned from their parents. How much is a product of the order they were born into the family? Because Jackson is very different than Morgan was as a baby. Like most siblings I'm sure. Its so fun and interesting to see their differences and watch them grow and develop more and more personality....or attitude, whatever you want to call it :)
Ok. Enough rambling.
May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
1 comments:
I don't know if I've ever told you this before but you remind me a lot of myself. Especially when it comes to parenting. =) I think about tehat personality question a lot too.
Post a Comment