We got orders yesterday. We are still going to Ft. Hood, Texas. Our plan at this point is to leave Korea sometime between September 1st and 3rd. We will be going straight to Utah where we will visit with family and friends. Sometime in mid-September Clint will be flying to Ft. Rucker, Alabama for the Instructor Pilot Course, I will stay in Utah. He will graduate mid-November and return to Utah. We will spend a few more weeks with family and then pack up our stuff (99% of our belongings are in storage in Utah) and drive the moving truck to Texas the first week of December. We are so excited to get to the next chapter of our lives. Being back in the States is going to be so wonderful and amazing! We have a newfound appreciation for the life we had, and will have, in the United States. We are very blessed to have the conveinences we have there. To have...I'm not sure what the right word is. To have an easy life. Comfortable life. Convenient life. I don't know, its just different. And we can't wait to be there. We can't wait to see all of our friends and family and catch up with them. A few things I'm REALLY looking forward to:
a yard
dishwasher
carpet
grocery store less than 35 minutes away
wide open space
grass
somewhat clean air to breathe
American outlets to plug my appliances into
driving my Mazda
no traffic
church less than an hour away
sidewalks
being able to understand people over the phone (hopefully I can understand the southern accents in Texas lol)
hobby/craft/fabric stores
tap water
non-cement walls
non-military furniture
I could go on forever. But I won't :)
*Just so everyone knows, we CHOSE Ft. Hood. So please stop telling us that we're going to hate it there, and that its so horrible. It is best for Clint's career at this point and it is the closest we could get to family. Also, your situation is what you make of it. Your attitude about your situation can make or break your experience. We will be very happy there and we will love all 4 years of being there because we are the type of people who can "adapt and overcome" and make the best of the situation we're given. We learned to be happy in Alabama, we've learned to be happy in Korea, and we will do the same in Texas.
May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
9 comments:
Hey, I know you don't know me, but we are both friends with Sara and Chaz Allen and I saw your up-date that you are heading to Fort Hood,TX...My husband and I (and our cute baby Camden) just got stationed down here in TX and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE fort hood...but before we came we got so many comments from people that we wouldn't like it down here and then we would tell them that we chose Fort Hood and they would look at us like we were absolutely crazy! BUT Ft. Hood is SO close to Austin and San Antonio (great places to visit) and we LOVE the people down here in TX! Some great advice we got is if you are planning to live off post, live in the town of Copperas Cove instead of Killeen, Killeen has A TON of traffic and it is a bit crazy! Well now that I have written a novel I just wanted to give you some positve comments about fort hood and I wish you guys luck with your move!!!
Sincerely,
Sarah Clark
Um, I never saw my name on that list. Whatever. :) I am so happy that you guys get to come home soon. I can't wait to meet Jackson and see Mo Mo, and you! I think you are going to miss the rice though. (ha ha)
Katie- The girl Sarah Clark who just replied on your blog is one of my dear friends, we nannied together in New York. You girls have got to get together and meet! You'll love each other! :) I'm happy you two will be in the same place! and jealous! (she's lds as well, so maybe you'd even be in the same ward)
Yes Definently you can e-mail me with questions about fort hood! My e-mail is:
sarahmcf.4@gmail.com
We have only been here for about two months now, but have already met many GREAT people here in our neighborhood and in our ward! I think some people hate Ft. Hood because it is HUGE and on somedays you do have to deal with a lot of traffic, but most everyone you meet has a great attitude :) Austin and San Antonio both have a great river walk and San Antonio also has a sea world, we haven't been yet but have heard that it is free for military families!!! We live off post in Copperas Cove and love the town (I can tell you more about the town if you would like).
I am sure there is a ton I can talk about, so feel free to e-mail me anytime with your questions!!!
You have the right attitude Katie! I feel like every place, thing, situation has its pros and cons. The key is to focus on the pros!
I say any place that Southwest flies or that is in driving distance is good. How cool is it that you can meet people and have friends before you even move someplace. I think that is so cool when friends hook friends up. Can't wait to see you guys. Love ya.
Amen Sister!!!!! :)
Hey Katie! I'm excited that you guys are moving back to the states. My sister lives in Texas and loves it there! She lives in Katy, I'm not sure how far that is from where you guys will be. But good luck with everything!
I can confirm they do have a fabric store and a Micheal's in the area of Kileen...at least they did when we did a short stint there while N was a Medical Student. heheh k.
Post a Comment