April 30, 2008
Gag Me-April 30, 2008
Congratulations to Morgan for having her first massive blowout diaper! (don't worry, no pictures) I recently started giving Morgan one bottle of formula a day in preparation to wein her off breast milk. Formula stinks, formula spit up stinks, and formula diapers are just out of control! There are no words! I'm sitting on the couch minding my own business, but I can smell formula, which doesn't make sense because Morgan had just had a bottle of breast milk. So I start looking for spit up but can't find any. So I sniffed her bottom...yep it smelled like formula. So I lay her down to change her and the stuff goes all the way up her back TO HER ARMS!!! Holy cow! GROSS! So then I get the diaper off and... (just thinking about it is making me sick)... it smelled so bad I was gagging and had to leave the room for a minute to gain some composure! I've obviously never dealt with a blowout like that because it ended up all over me too as well as her changing table, which made the dry heavs come harder and stronger. I ended up hosing her down in the bathtub and washing my hands about 3 times. WOW! I gotta go get in the shower. I still smell it but I'm not sure where its coming from (gag).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
5 comments:
That is so funny and at the same time incredibly disgusting. Is this what is in store for me? ha ha
I'm so glad Logan never liked formula :)
Formula stains cloths really bad too. Make sure you spray it or rinse it out right away or she won't have a cute outfit left. Love Mom :-)
Okay, so the stink I totally understand, but my kids only blew out like that with breast milk...and they did it ALL the time for awhile. Also, give her body a chance to adjust to the formula. Biz gets out most every baby stain...baking soda is good too, and cheap. My 2 sense worth... It'll get better too as she adjusts...and the stink will deminish as you both adjust :) Hang in there! let me know if you need some empathy or advice...I usually have something that with one of the kids that'll relate :)
the bathtub is the only way I handle even the mildest ones... I'm a wimp!
Post a Comment