November 8, 2010

So we left Utah on Thursday morning around 7 am. We made it to Albuquerque, New Mexico at 7pm. The kids were really good. The classical music idea worked (actually I used soft Christmas music lol), unfortunately, it worked well on me too. So I really had to limit its usage. I listened to The Work and The Glory on CD (Thanks Ande). That really helped me stay awake. I ended up buying the kids a portable DVD player which was probably the best thing I could have done.

We left Albuquerque at 8am on Friday and made it to Copperas Cove, Texas shortly after 9pm. The kids were a little more restless on Friday, so it was hard, but they were still really good considering. I'm blessed to have such good babies. They are adjusting to the time change just fine (even with Daylight Savings) and they are getting along with their "new" cousins very well. Morgan and Ambria are only 3 weeks a part and could be twins!

I'm staying with a friend in Copperas Cove for a couple of days. Nikki and I met in Korea. Another friend of ours from Korea recently moved to Copperas Cove, and at church yestereday, I ran into yet ANOTHER friend from Korea. Aviation is a small world (thank heavens!!). We also have some friends from flight school living here and a couple more people that Clint will be working with here, he also worked with in Korea.

Morgan misses her grandparents already and was crying for her cousin, Ellie, on the way down. Oh, and she cried for her cat, Sammy. But she just absolutely LOVES Ambria and Braydon. She calls Braydon "friend". He is 9 years old and takes such great care of his little sister and cousin. He's such a good kid!

I'm starting the house hunt today! Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

Good luck! You were not kidding when you said you were leaving soon!

Brenna and Otto said...

I didn't even get to say good-bye!

Mindy said...

Happy house hunting!! Hope you guys find what you want. Glad you made it safe to Texas...thank goodness for portable dvd players. I bought Carter one for the plane, even though I know he's little, he still loves to stare at the screen and I bought some baby einsteins. Can't wait to see you soon!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006