November 3, 2010

Oh goodness

I have so many updates to put on here, but I just haven't been able to find the time to blog lately. Tomorrow morning the kids and I are leaving for Texas. We are driving to Albuquerque, New Mexico, staying overnight, and then continuing on to Fort Hood. I have to admit I'm nervous for the 20+ hour drive. I'm mostly worried about how J will do. I'm sure M will be fine with her DVD player, 3 new Strawberry Shortcake movies, and snacks GALORE. We're going to stay with my good friend, Nikki, who lived near us in Korea. Then we'll go stay with my brother who just PCS'd to Texas in September. Clint will get to Texas in a couple of weeks and then we'll be coming back to Utah for Thanksgiving and to move our stuff from storage to Texas. Our household goods from Korea arrived in Texas a month ago!! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for LOOOOOOOOONG car rides with little ones, I'd be glad to hear them :)

4 comments:

The Fisher's said...

Don't forget sippy cups! (I've done that one before, not pretty!)Coloring books (Color wonders stuff), favorite stories, favorite blankies, classical music to calm them (and you).... This last trip we made (6 1/2 hours) I had new pillow pets for them to take. They both loved them! A bit late notice for you, but a new stuffed animal that can be used as a pillow may just work out the same.

Good luck Katie!! You're braver than I :)

sdsadasd said...

good luck with the drive & be safe!!! hope you find a home that you LOVE!

Windy said...

benadryl??? :) have a safe trip and good luck!

Heather said...

My advice, don't fall asleep at the wheel. My kids were too good the first time I did a long road trip by myself. Good Luck!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006