August 31, 2008
Thankful-August 31, 2008
I just want everyone to know how thankful I am for technology. Its not really something I ever thought about until Clint went to Korea. He was able to contact me by email within 24 hours of his arrival to the country. Then, he was able to call me every morning for the first 2 weeks he was in processing. Now he is in an apartment on base and doesn't have a phone, but he does have our computer now. So we are able to chat on MSN Messanger several times a day and he has been able to see Morgan and me on the webcam (his webcam hasn't gotten there yet). He can also send text messages to my cell phone from the computer so if he wants to say hi but I'm not home, we still get to talk. Its just so amazing to me that we have all these ways of communicating now. I can't imagine living in the days when a woman's husband went to war or was deployed to a foreign country and she couldn't speak to him except by mail. I can't even imagine the anxiety I would have felt. The only glimpse I've had of that kind of situation is when Clint was gone for his 3 weeks of "survival school" and we couldn't talk on the phone or write to each other. Technology has become such an everyday thing in my life that I don't really realize how much of a blessing it truly is. But I do realize it now. So I just wanted to express how thankful I am for that blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Home Is Where The Army Sends Us
Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006
6 comments:
First of all - Love the new background! So Cute! And yes, technology is truly amazing, otherwise staying in touch with great friends would be so much more difficult :) Sorry Morgan hasn't been herself, it could just be a random summer bug, I think Logan has one right now also.
It's a lifesaver--seriously! I'm also looking into something called magicjack b/c you actually get to have a U.S. number with that but I haven't totally researched the whole thing. Anyway, yuippe for communication, easy style!
It is definitely a blessing! How's he doing over there?? How are ya'll doing?? Morgan is too cute!
I understand a little...whenever we go to UT without him it's SO HARD! Hang in there! Technology is so GREAT!!
Modern Technology is such a blessing. I am glad you have been able to stay in pretty close contact with Clint. Miss you guys and hope all is well. It's nice being able to stay in touch this way--- again thanks to the technology!! :)
Technology is a wonderful thing. Have you heard of the USB thing called magic-jack? I saw an infomercial on it today. I didn’t watch all of it but it I think they were saying you can make phone calls from anywhere for the same amount every month and it works through the internet, anyway I thought of you when I saw it. I am really glad that you get to keep in contact with Clint. I would go crazy not knowing what was going on!!
You said he is on base, does that mean he got sponsored?
AHHH teething!!! The first thing I would suggest is try to avoid using numbing agents (our dentist told us that stuff like baby Oragel is the cause of sensitive teeth later on and can sometimes cause other problems, due to the effect it has on the nerves in the gums) Popsicles worked really well with my kids, they didn’t really like teething rings. But the popsicles kept they hydrated ( they seem to lose their appetite) and soothed sore gums I also use Tylenol and Motrin.
Yes, diarrhea is a symptom of teething and diaper rash it the WORST, I feel sooo bad when my babies get it. The best stuff I have found is called Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. I rinse wet wipes with warm water to clean then pat their bums dry, then add a SUPER thick layer of ‘butt paste’ and I do it every hour whether they need it or not. It is usually gone by the end of the day. I have heard that soapy baths are bad… I don’t really know but I avoid any kind of soap.
Oh, poor Morgan. I hope teething goes quick for her. So far we have been lucky and when they teeth they have 3-5 pop through at once. I hope she feels better soon.
Sorry about the super long comment and I hope I was helpful and it wasn’t just crazy mom advice!!
Post a Comment