August 16, 2008

He's Gone-August13, 2008

Clint left for Korea on Wednesday the 13th. So he's been gone for a couple of days. He made it there safe and said the flight was extremely long and boring (12 1/2 hours from San Fransisco). His biological clock is still ticking on Utah time so he's having a hard time sleeping at night and staying awake during the day. One of the guys in processing with him has been stationed in Korea before so he took Clint and some other guys around town and to a restaurant. They rode the subway train. I wish Clint had a camera with him because I'm really anxious to see what its like over there. He still doesn't know exactly what camp he'll be stationed at. Hopefully he'll find out Monday when the in processing starts. After a week of in processing he has a week of leadership courses and then he'll be off to his post where he can get the ball rolling for Morgan and me to come out there.

Packing his bags. I still don't know how he fit everything into his bags. We were up until 1 in the morning packing his stuff. Actually he was packing, I was trying to keep my eyes open while watching him.
At the airport. I think Clint was tickling her sides. We got to the airport shortly after 7 am and Clint's plane took off at 9. Its so nice having an airport less than an hour away!

Saying good bye

Clint usually calls in the morning right after Morgan and I wake up. He's always on his way to bed, so it's kind of wierd. Korea is 15 hours ahead of Utah. We love you and miss you Clint! Can't wait to get out there and begin our new adventure!

6 comments:

Melissa & Jimmy said...

How exciting! Make sure you let us know when you find out more! Hopefully it won't be long before you can get over there and join him. I can't believe how big Morgan is getting!

~The Dippold's said...

How exciting!! Hopefully you and Morgan will be there soon. Miss you guys!

The Fisher's said...

I'm glad he is there safe adn can call :) Keep us updated on you and Morgan!!

Luke and Erin said...

WOW, crazy. That is fun you get to live there. Good luck, Clint!!!

thejencooper said...

Wow, he's already there? How crazy! Hopefully you can go sooner than later so y'all can be together again. I am so excited for you guys!

Mindy said...

Awww! It's so bitter sweet. It's sad to say goodbye but can't wait to start your new adventure soon. Can't wait to see you in a couple of days, we are in pocatello right now, I will call you as soon we are back in utah!

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006