On Friday morning Clint cam home from his morning formation and found me in the bathroom getting ready for Morgan's 6 month check up. He just stared at me in the mirror with no readable expression.Katie: "What?"
Clint: "We got orders."
Katie: "WE DID?! Where?"
Clint: "Korea."
Katie: "Whatever, you're joking."
Clint: "No I'm not."
Katie: "Are you serious? You better not be lying!"
Clint: "I'm not lying, we got Korea."
Clint: "We got orders."
Katie: "WE DID?! Where?"
Clint: "Korea."
Katie: "Whatever, you're joking."
Clint: "No I'm not."
Katie: "Are you serious? You better not be lying!"
Clint: "I'm not lying, we got Korea."
And then came the flood of tears. Yes, I cried. The lonliness of having Clint gone is still fresh in my mind from him being away for 3 weeks. Of course we can TRY to get permission for Morgan and me to go with him, but we just don't know how likely it is. So we'll see. People have gone through harder things than being seperated for a year, so I'm sure we can handle it. We feel like God wanted us to join the military for a reason and we know He wouldn't send us (or Clint) anywhere without a reason. The initial shock was hard, but we're excited for the next phase of our lives and for what the future holds. We truly believe what the Lord told Joseph Smith while a prisoner in the Liberty jail...
"...if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." Doctrine & Covenants 122:7
Some might compare moving to Korea as the jaws of hell gaping open, but we see it as an opportunity to experience a small piece of this world. Regardless of whether or not we go as a family or part ways for a year it will be a learning experience for us and will only make us stronger as individuals and as a family.
PS We will continue to update everyone as we get more information. We don't know when Clint has to be in Korea, we don't know exactly what Camp he's going to in Korea, we don't know what the chances are of Morgan and me going, we don't know if we'll be stopping in Utah before he/we go, we don't know where I'll live if I don't go with him, we don't know how long we'll be there if I do go with him. We do know that he graduates from Flight School on July 10th, so we won't be going anywhere before July 11th :)
7 comments:
You should talk to Jimmy's mom while she's here. They went to Korea. Jimmy's dad went and then she flew over several times and stayed for a few weeks at a time. They loved it there. They had some great experiences. She will be at Bunko or you could just come over if you want to talk to her about it.
Katie - I read your blog and it brought back some of the feelings I had when Dave was deployed to Afghanistan - I will talk to you soon - but just know one thing I was blessed so much while Dave was gone for 18 months with a comfort that I can't even explain. I know you will have the same thing. We can talk more later.
that is crazy! I totaly had chills while I was reading that. You are so strong and have the best attitude about your situation. I can't even imagine the stress you are going through, but it must be a comforting thing to know that what you are doing is right.I love and miss you. Keep us posted!
You like rice? (picture me saying that in Korean accent) :)
WOW! That was unexpected. You are stronger than you think and have the best attitude about the situation. I believe what you said, things are happening the way they are suppose to happen. Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. We may not understand why, but we are blessed as we follow the spirit. He is watching over you and your family. Best of luck to you.
Sorry, the previous comment was from Christine
I don't know you I just stumbled onto your blog but I have a friend who is currently in Korea with her husband who is in the Army. She didn't go at first but joined him a few months ago. She also has a blog at evenrickgotmarried.blogspot. You should check it out and maybe ask her what she thinks about you joining your husband over there. My husband is also in the military so I know that what it is like to be seperated. I also know that sometimes the Army suggest you don't do something like bring your family but that it is possible to go. Anyway, best of luck to you.
Post a Comment