June 19, 2008

New Favorite Quote-June 19, 2008

This is from the 1997-2002 General Young Women's President of the LDS church, Margaret Dyreng Nadauld:

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." ("The Joy of Womanhood," Ensign, Nov. 2000, 15)

I feel like this quote is a great summary of the person I want to be. Its so easy to get wrapped up in what the world wants me to be rather than what God wants me to be. This quote reminds me of the qualities I should always strive for.

5 comments:

~The Dippold's said...

Thanks for the quote; it really puts things in perspective. If we concentrate more on being a righteous and virteous women rather than the things of the world imagine what a difference it would make. :)

Luke and Erin said...

I like the quote...very true.
We like rock band also; I haven't played it but I watched Luke play it...He had to tape the drum stick to his hand and still did great. I have played guitar hero, that is a lot fun. I am jealous you guys have so many fun friends!
Did you use google reader to show who updated???

Angie said...

THAT IS SOMETHING WE ALL NEED TO READ OVER AND OVER-- IT GETS EASY TO FORGET THAT STUFF IN DAY TO DAY LIFE-- KOREA HUH? WOW, WHEN DO YOU GO?

Stephanie said...

I love that quote! I also want to be that kind of person and sometimes it can get hard to remember what we are living for.

Anonymous said...

This is my all time favorite quote about women! Love you guys. Aunt Val

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006