The following is a quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard’s speech given at Brigham Young University-Hawaii’s graduation ceremony on 15 December 2007. It never occured to me to use a blog as a tool to help others learn the truch about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
"Now, to you who are graduating today and all other faithful members of the Church, as you graduate from this wonderful university, may I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and to explain in simple, clear terms the message of the Restoration. Most of you already know that if you have access to the Internet you can start a blog in minutes and begin sharing what you know to be true. You can download videos from Church and other appropriate sites, including Newsroom at LDS.org, and send them to your friends. You can write to media sites on the Internet that report on the Church, and voice your views as to the accuracy of the reports."
Click here to read the full speech.
"Now, to you who are graduating today and all other faithful members of the Church, as you graduate from this wonderful university, may I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet, particularly the New Media, to share the gospel and to explain in simple, clear terms the message of the Restoration. Most of you already know that if you have access to the Internet you can start a blog in minutes and begin sharing what you know to be true. You can download videos from Church and other appropriate sites, including Newsroom at LDS.org, and send them to your friends. You can write to media sites on the Internet that report on the Church, and voice your views as to the accuracy of the reports."
Click here to read the full speech.
Go to http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ if you want a button for your blog.
5 comments:
Okay, so you are the one teaching me to use this blog thingy.... where do I find cute backgrounds and stuff, and how does that work?
thanks Friend!
I was a little nervous about my hair, but I lOVE it and it grows so fast that it will be long again in a few months.
I made all the pages myself :) Lots of fun... I will send them to you if you want them.
Hey guys I finally figured out how to visit your blog. It's so nice to see how you guys are and pics of Morgan. Thanks for inviting me to your recipe blog I really like it. I'm definitely gonna try some.
I love your blog!! I added the Sharing the Gospel comment to my page . . . I never thought it would be a tool to help others learn about the church. What a wonderful insight. What webpage do you use for you backgrounds?? Yours is super cute!! Hope all is well. :)
Post a Comment