September 17, 2011

Fight Gone Bad 6

Today was Fight Gone Back 6 (you know, the thing I've been begging everyone to give me money for LOL). We raised money for Special Operations Wounded Warriors, CrossFit Kids and Camp Patriot. I was able to raise $500 thanks to many great friends, my parents, and my grandpa. Honestly, when I started asking for donations, my goal was $150. I thought it was pretty ambitious. I never imagined I could make it to $500, so thank you to everyone who donated!


I had my usual fan club there. Nikki, her sister Taylor, and Shelly came with her kids. Nikki and Taylor surprised me with these awesome shirts and banners!


This guy was writing an article for the Fort Hood newspaper. He interviewed me and took some pictures. He also cheered for me the whole way through :)

This is my coach, April. She's incredible. She has brought me so far since my first day at CrossFit. She is so strong and such an inspiration to her team. I love her most of all because she's not afraid to yell at me to push harder.
So nervous!!


Waiting for my time to come.
I started with the Push Press. 55 lbs up over head as many times as possible in 1 minute.


Then the row machine. Row as far as you can in one minute (no rest between each station).

Then it was wall balls (pictures further down).
Just breath!!!
Then sumo deadlift high pulls (pictures further down) and box jumps as many times as possible in 1 minute. I had to step up. Jumping was just too much!

I'm pretty sure I was telling April I couldn't do it anymore, but she made me keep going :) We went to each station 3 times.
The wall balls. Squat and throw the 14 lb ball 10 feet up the wall. As many times as possible.
My feet were coming off the ground. It was the only way I could get it up there.
Sumo deadlift high pulls. 55 lbs floor to chin as many times as possible in 1 minute.

Finally done (after 17 minutes) and being swarmed by cheerleaders.



Rosalinda is another one of my greatest inspirations.
Team Katie :)



1 comments:

jaelann said...

Katie, I'm so proud of you. What an accomplishment. I love team Katie. The kids are so cute. You look exhausted. Makes one wonder why you put make up on today. ;-) Looks like someone beat you up. You did an incredible job and I'm so proud of you.

Home Is Where The Army Sends Us

Fort Hood, Texas/December 2010-
Fort Rucker, Alabama IPC/September 2010-November 2010
K-16/Seoul Airbase, Korea/Aug 2008-September 2010
Fort Rucker, Alabama/August 2006-July 2008
Fort Jackson, South Carolina BCT/June 2006-August 2006