On the 8th we went up to Bear Lake to stay in a cabin with Clint's family. His great aunt and uncle own a cabin in Garden City. We went straight to the lake when we got there and hung out in the freezing cold water. A couple of people went out on the wave runner, but somehow I didn't get any pictures that day. The next day, Saturday, Clint, his dad, and his dad's cousin, Doug, ran the Rasberry Days 5 K. This is the 2nd one Clint has ran since we've been in Utah.
Doug, Clint, and Kent before the race

I stood on the corner just before the finish line and snapped a few shots of the guys coming around. Clint was first of the 3 to come around the corner. I know its a bad picture babe, but its all I got :) Love you!

His time was 21 minutes and 50 seconds. A little slower than the last race, but there was a couple of hills this time.

Here comes Kent

And then Doug, who said "I think I'm gonna die!" as he came around the corner. Doug had never ran a race before and doesn't run on a regular basis so the fact that he finished (long ahead of last) is a great accomplishment.

Clint and Kent both got 2nd place in their age groups. They both took 2nd place in their age groups at the Roy Days 5 K too. I think Clint was 12th overall. Good job guys!

After the race we went to the fair and walked around a bit. There was so much I wanted to buy, but I came home emptied handed like a good girl. (actually Clint took off with the stroller which is where my wallet was). After the fair we went to the lake again.
Great Aunt Judy, Grandma Sonja, Clint's sister Kristen, and his mom Sharon

Clint's uncle Kirk. Yes he's younger than Clint and me.

Kristen just hagning out catching some rays

Morgan got fussy at the lake so I walked back to the cabin with her. She was passed out before I was halfway there. She's such a trooper. We've been in Utah for a month and we have draggerd her on at least 4 hikes, 2 Bear Lake trips, a movie, a million different resturaunts, swimming, up Cottonwood Canyon, over to grandparents' houses several times, to most of our friends' houses, down to my parent's house, to Temple Square, and probably a hundred other places. Sometimes she gets super cranky and I get stressed out and embarassed, but she is really a good baby and I just love every little piece of her.
1 comments:
Everyone went to Bear Lake this summer... everyone but me. I went a long time ago and don't really remember it. I am jealous you went twice!
Post a Comment